2021-22 NBA Thread

6 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

It is also okay to hold onto Williams and White. Selling low on assets isn’t always good and I am okay waiting a year on them. Either way right now I trust this front office a ton. Hopefully they keep earning that trust. 

How are they going to develop being the 5th option? Williams especially. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

How are they going to develop being the 5th option? Williams especially. 

I’m not worried about that - he is under control for two more seasons and super young. He will get minutes and Donovan is a really good rotation mgr and we have a good development staff. 

Think of Buckets - he earned his over time and worked for it. There are more ways to develop than just being played 35 minutes a night and going through that journey. 

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

I’m not worried about that - he is under control for two more seasons and super young. He will get minutes and Donovan is a really good rotation mgr and we have a good development staff. 

Think of Buckets - he earned his over time and worked for it. There are more ways to develop than just being played 35 minutes a night and going through that journey. 

You concerned about Williams' wrist injury? I heard it could have potential long term effects. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

10 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

You concerned about Williams' wrist injury? I heard it could have potential long term effects. 

If we are concerned - so is the rest of the league. Don’t love trading a #4 overall pick who could be a much improved asset a year from now vs not. At this point he couldn’t get to much lower a trade value. 

Williams also is a nice fit for the teams longer term needs. But I am fine trading I just think blowing too much juice on the wrong player that doesn’t push you over the top would be the wrong move. 

Especially knowing they will be for sure players on buy out market if they maintain their current momentum. 

7 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

If we are concerned - so is the rest of the league. Don’t love trading a #4 overall pick who could be a much improved asset a year from now vs not. At this point he couldn’t get to much lower a trade value. 

Williams also is a nice fit for the teams longer term needs. But I am fine trading I just think blowing too much juice on the wrong player that doesn’t push you over the top would be the wrong move. 

Especially knowing they will be for sure players on buy out market if they maintain their current momentum. 

I'm fine keeping him around, as DeRozan isn't getting any younger. What could they get for White and Troy Brown? 

Those guys along with the Portland pick enough to get someone like Sabonis? 

Edited by Jack Parkman

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'm fine keeping him around, as DeRozan isn't getting any younger. What could they get for White and Troy Brown? 

I think that is the more likely path forward. I don't ever understand NBA trade value that well - but the best option might be with Portland (who wants the flexibility of its pick back).  

2 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

1.What would everyone think about trading Pat Williams and Coby White for a legit starting quality big? I have no idea how Williams is going to develop with the amount of touches he'd get here. Both of those guys seem better suited as trade chips to help build a championship roster. 

2. Trading Gafford and/or flipping Mo Wagner for Troy Brown seems misguided right now. 

3. How isn't Lavine re-signed yet? That kinda freaks me out a bit. 

If they wait till the off-season to resign Lavine they could theoretically make moves that push them to the cap then with Lavines bird rights they could go over the cap to resign him. Signing him now prohibits what they can do cap wise. 

32 minutes ago, scs787 said:

If they wait till the off-season to resign Lavine they could theoretically make moves that push them to the cap then with Lavines bird rights they could go over the cap to resign him. Signing him now prohibits what they can do cap wise. 

Yeah - he is signing in offseason….fingers crossed nothing blows up between now and than. 

I figured Cleveland would give us trouble with their size. We're also playing with half the team. Vooch needs to figure out his shooting. I thought he was starting to turn it around after those 2 straight great games but he's fallen back into a slump again. 

1 hour ago, chw42 said:

I figured Cleveland would give us trouble with their size. We're also playing with half the team. Vooch needs to figure out his shooting. I thought he was starting to turn it around after those 2 straight great games but he's fallen back into a slump again. 

He also gets frustrated and loses focus leading to some real lapses in his overall play. He just needs to be better and more consistent especially right now when he has to be a factor for the bulls to have a chance

At least Brooklyn lost too, so the bulls are still just half a game outta first in the east. Cavs are a moderately interesting team. Kinda going against the grain of the rest of the league with their size. Fully healthy the bulls are definitely a better team and they'd take em down in a series but it's a bad matchup.

8 minutes ago, bmags said:

It is what it is. Other teams will likely deal with something similar.

Correct and in my opinion, this team healthy has shown us enough to know what they are capable of. 

Just gotta get everyone healthy, this next stretch doesn't really tell us a lot with half the roster out. 

8 minutes ago, Tony said:

Correct and in my opinion, this team healthy has shown us enough to know what they are capable of. 

Just gotta get everyone healthy, this next stretch doesn't really tell us a lot with half the roster out. 

I'd be more worried if we were in one of the 7 games in 10 game stretches rather than 3

22 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Absolutely no chance. Brown is trade filler, Coby has very little value, and the pick is lottery protected. You need way more for Sabonis. 

22 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

I am fine packaging Williams with Coby and filler if it lands you Harrison Barnes or Jerami Grant. I think a deal around those 2 would be enough for those players. Williams isn't a contributor yet, and he may not be next year. DeMar and Vuc aren't getting younger. Maximize the talent on the team now, IMO.

On 12/8/2021 at 10:36 AM, chw42 said:

Turner would be an amazing get for this team, but they'd probably have to give quite a bit to get him.

On 12/8/2021 at 11:28 AM, Chisoxfn said:

This - he is a perfect fit. But no clue how you get him.  

The Twins Towers lineups very rarely work in the NBA. You need special types of players to do it. Sabonis and Turner has not worked at all. Sabonis is a better player than Vuc, so I don't have faith that a Turner-Vuc combo would work. I think it would end poorly. 

17 minutes ago, ron883 said:

The Twins Towers lineups very rarely work in the NBA. You need special types of players to do it. Sabonis and Turner has not worked at all. Sabonis is a better player than Vuc, so I don't have faith that a Turner-Vuc combo would work. I think it would end poorly. 

I agree with this.

19 hours ago, ron883 said:

I see a lot of people talking about this, Sabonis is a beast but Him and Vuc would not work, is Vuc is going to go from a 1st option one year ago to a possible 4th?  Wouldn't go well.  Besides, when is the last time that a team traded a player of Sabonis' caliber to a division rival?  I doubt that Indy wants to get dominated by Sabonis for years to come because they would undoubtedly find a way to keep him over Vuc in the future.  

The Bulls have their big 3, whoever they may pick up, will have a role but it won't be to be a top 3 scorer on the team.  Probably more 3D or a backup big when Vuc is off the court that can score pretty decently.