2021-22 NBA Thread

2 hours ago, SoxAce said:

DeMar. DeRozan. 

That's it. That's all.

Something is just different about him this year. Usually LeBron shows up and DeMar just gets shutdown. It looked like that might happen again through 3 quarters but he put that narrative to rest in the 4th.

Edited by chw42

4 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Something is just different about him this year. Usually LeBron shows up and DeMar just gets shutdown. It looked like that might happen again through 3 quarters but he put that narrative to rest in the 4th.

Pretty obvious he's been possessed since he put on a Bulls jersey.

6iFwLi2.jpg

Bulls signed Ersan Ilyasova to a 10 day contract. I feel like he's always played well against the bulls. A little puzzling as to why he was still out there on the market. I guess he's not very fast, bit everything I read on him says he's a solid defender. He's also a capable 3 point shooter. Could be a sneaky good move. Doesn't solve the need for a big, but I could see him giving the bulls quality minutes off the bench. 

5 hours ago, bmags said:

Bulls now playing teams with the shoe on the other foot, toronto wednesday going to be without van vleet, siakam, more.

At least we got ours out of the way. Lordy.

Also, I'm hoping this makes the league consider making G-League teams operate like AAA squads where they sign contracts with the NBA team and can get called up. It'd be great to have the Windy City Bulls running the same schemes, instead of signing dudes from random teams, because now we've got...

- McKinnie (Mexico City)
- McClung (South Bay)
- Ersan (FA)
- Formerly Stanley Johnson (South Bay)

15 hours ago, Quin said:

Also, I'm hoping this makes the league consider making G-League teams operate like AAA squads where they sign contracts with the NBA team and can get called up. It'd be great to have the Windy City Bulls running the same schemes, instead of signing dudes from random teams, because now we've got...

- McKinnie (Mexico City)
- McClung (South Bay)
- Ersan (FA)

Man, if all you did was watch mixtapes you woulda thought Mac McClung was gonna be a superstar such an exciting player in high school where he broke Iverson's record for most points in the state of Virginia.....I'm not really sure what happened to him. Just a big fish in a small pond? 

I wanna see a Lavine,. McClung, DJJ dunk competition.

9 minutes ago, scs787 said:

Man, if all you did was watch mixtapes you woulda thought Mac McClung was gonna be a superstar such an exciting player in high school where he broke Iverson's record for most points in the state of Virginia.....I'm not really sure what happened to him. Just a big fish in a small pond? 

I wanna see a Lavine,. McClung, DJJ dunk competition.

How're you forgetting DeRozan for the Bulls' slam dunk contest?

15 hours ago, Quin said:

- McKinnie (Mexico City)
- McClung (South Bay)
- Ersan (FA)

With the heat on MLB owners in regard to the working conditions of minor league players I doubt this will happen. 

7 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

With the heat on MLB owners in regard to the working conditions of minor league players I doubt this will happen. 

Oh definitely not this season (or next), just in the future. I think 2-way contracts and every team having a G-League team besides the Suns and Trail Blazers are huge steps towards it.

On 12/21/2021 at 11:44 AM, bmags said:

Bulls now playing teams with the shoe on the other foot, toronto wednesday going to be without van vleet, siakam, more.

The game has been postponed. Womp womp. Only 2 games in a 2 week span sucks for the fans, but should be good for the Bulls.

20 hours ago, scs787 said:

Bulls signed Ersan Ilyasova to a 10 day contract. I feel like he's always played well against the bulls. A little puzzling as to why he was still out there on the market. I guess he's not very fast, bit everything I read on him says he's a solid defender. He's also a capable 3 point shooter. Could be a sneaky good move. Doesn't solve the need for a big, but I could see him giving the bulls quality minutes off the bench. 

He can hit a shot, he gets you the ball and he can defend a man.  He's also one of these guys with a clouded identity, like some Latin American baseball players, except  he's a Turk? with a Russian last name, although he might be a Russian masquerading as a Turk.  Whatever.  Call him an international man of mystery.  He was once involved in a trade for Serge Ibaka, who is what we really need right now.

Edited by Stinky Stanky