2021-22 NBA Thread

14 hours ago, BigHurt3515 said:

As soon as we get people back more people are out but we still keep pulling through

I'm pretty sure Caruso is the only Bulls player who hasn't had Covid. If the natural antibodies stay around for several months plus the vaccine, you would think the Bulls are in pretty good shape the rest of the season. Of course, outbreaks on other teams causing re-scheduling could make it difficult.

Stacey King is back on Wednesday. He had it bad. In bed for 16 days, and that's fully vaxxed. Probably would have killed him if no vaccine. He lost his brother to it. He's a big guy, and that is one of the worst things for this.

Edited by Dick Allen

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

more of this, less of Coby please 

Coby couldn’t d trae like ayo but he was pretty good in 2nd half and the big 3 have been doing well with White out there. White gets too much hate. He had his limitations and I was his biggest hater. He isn’t what you want given when they picked him but I am glad Bulls are giving him run and it will pay off later in the year (imo). 

Zach gets under shadowed this year with how good Derozan has been. He fills up the stat sheet with you not even noticing. He could have put up 50 last night but instead put up an effortless 30. Guy is so unselfish and has turns into such a stud. 

Him and Derozan have been so good and Vuc now finding his offense has been nice cause his defense and rebounding has been better than advertised. 

Have I said enough times how enjoyable this team is to watch. Such a great bunch of guys to root for. I don’t know what their ceiling is and if they can really win a championship…but shoot…why not. The offense has been elite as of late and they will get back their defensive stoppers soon. 

Last bit on ayo - I feel like White compliments him and Caruso off the bench well - you have two good defenders and playmakers and than White who can be an aggressive scorer and not worry about the d. 

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

Coby couldn’t d trae like ayo but he was pretty good in 2nd half and the big 3 have been doing well with White out there. White gets too much hate. He had his limitations and I was his biggest hater. He isn’t what you want given when they picked him but I am glad Bulls are giving him run and it will pay off later in the year (imo). 

Zach gets under shadowed this year with how good Derozan has been. He fills up the stat sheet with you not even noticing. He could have put up 50 last night but instead put up an effortless 30. Guy is so unselfish and has turns into such a stud. 

Him and Derozan have been so good and Vuc now finding his offense has been nice cause his defense and rebounding has been better than advertised. 

Have I said enough times how enjoyable this team is to watch. Such a great bunch of guys to root for. I don’t know what their ceiling is and if they can really win a championship…but shoot…why not. The offense has been elite as of late and they will get back their defensive stoppers soon. 

I don't really think you will see Coby in a Bulls uniform later this season 

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

I don't really think you will see Coby in a Bulls uniform later this season 

Yeah, I can't really imagine that happening either. With Ayo somewhat emerging and Caruso doing his thing, Coby is expendable. I don't think they need to trade for a star big, but they need a starting caliber guy out there. Green is a fun player, but to me, he's Keith Bogans out there on a team that can seriously contend. Honestly I'd be happy with a Rip Hamiltonesque upgrade if we're making comps to the last time the bulls were contenders. Maybe a guy like Derrick Favors who's said to be bought out. 

7 minutes ago, scs787 said:

Yeah, I can't really imagine that happening either. With Ayo somewhat emerging and Caruso doing his thing, Coby is expendable. I don't think they need to trade for a star big, but they need a starting caliber guy out there. Green is a fun player, but to me, he's Keith Bogans out there on a team that can seriously contend. Honestly I'd be happy with a Rip Hamiltonesque upgrade if we're making comps to the last time the bulls were contenders. Maybe a guy like Derrick Favors who's said to be bought out. 

He is really the only chip they have right now if they want to upgrade and get some rebounding.  

57 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

He is really the only chip they have right now if they want to upgrade and get some rebounding.  

Man was I wrong about Alize. That guy had one of the highest rebound rates in the NBA last year and now he's been released. I wonder what the issue was as he seemed like the type of guy they could really use.

I still don't know what to think about PWill. He could be a chip if they get a longer term solution at the 4 but man do I wanna see him develop. 

Speaking of him, I read somewhere that he was working out and putting up shots this week. Wonder if he could have an early return.

Edited by scs787

5 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

more of this, less of Coby please 

Long arms. athleticism and PG skills vs. Coby's offense.  Coby's offense looked pretty good last night, short arms and all.  His future is second team scorer or trade bait.  He and Ayo could play backcourt together because they have complementary skills.  Depends how well Ilyasova fills the rebounding and defense void.  Ilya's got a bag of tricks all right; not a dirty player in the cheap shot sense, but he'll occasionally grab a waistband so he can get a rebound.  Good clean fun, right?  Can't think of the name of that Euro thug who cheap shotted people all over the place a few years ago.

Newly acquired McClung is an intriguing player.  He's a twerp, but he can do a lotta the same things Trae and Curry do.  Not as well, yeah, yeah, yeah, I know.

3 hours ago, scs787 said:

Man was I wrong about Alize. That guy had one of the highest rebound rates in the NBA last year and now he's been released. I wonder what the issue was as he seemed like the type of guy they could really use.

I still don't know what to think about PWill. He could be a chip if they get a longer term solution at the 4 but man do I wanna see him develop. 

Speaking of him, I read somewhere that he was working out and putting up shots this week. Wonder if he could have an early return.

I had read the same thing re: Williams. I am curious if it is with his injured wrist or not. Didn’t see enough specifics. I saw him shooting back when they played at staples but it was with his other hand and he was still in a cast. If this is no cast - great sign. In general I feel like this front office / med staff has had a different mode of managing injuries. They tend to advertise longer windows and players largely come in better than advertised. Not always the case but seems to be a trend. Smart from how they manage expectations (at a minimum). 

8 minutes ago, scs787 said:

Yea some sort of an exemption to allow them to add to payroll because of the injury.  It's weird it was denied, I wonder if that's because the nba also thinks PW will be back this season 

9 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Yea some sort of an exemption to allow them to add to payroll because of the injury.  It's weird it was denied, I wonder if that's because the nba also thinks PW will be back this season 

That was the way I read it - that the NBA thinks he will be back. 

16 hours ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Long arms. athleticism and PG skills vs. Coby's offense.  Coby's offense looked pretty good last night, short arms and all.  His future is second team scorer or trade bait.  He and Ayo could play backcourt together because they have complementary skills.  Depends how well Ilyasova fills the rebounding and defense void.  Ilya's got a bag of tricks all right; not a dirty player in the cheap shot sense, but he'll occasionally grab a waistband so he can get a rebound.  Good clean fun, right?  Can't think of the name of that Euro thug who cheap shotted people all over the place a few years ago.

Newly acquired McClung is an intriguing player.  He's a twerp, but he can do a lotta the same things Trae and Curry do.  Not as well, yeah, yeah, yeah, I know.

Zaza Pachulia.

• Like 1

PWs timeframe was 4 to 6 months from October. Playoffs start in the middle of April, so I guess it's realistic to assume he can be back....I wonder if this means the bulls think there was a setback or if they just planned to shut him down regardless.....It'd be nice if he comes back on the short end of that timetable and gets 2 months of in before the playoffs start.