2021-22 NBA Thread

I talked some shit about how bad Coby White was to start the year (and he was really really bad), but with all the COVID injuries he's really stepped up with more reps and playing time. That's 4 straight very good games for him now and 5 good ones in the last 6. When Caruso and Lonzo return, it's going to be hard for him to get consistent minutes. Hopefully this turns his season around, but I honestly don't see Coby playing well unless he can get consistent minutes. 

35 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I talked some shit about how bad Coby White was to start the year (and he was really really bad), but with all the COVID injuries he's really stepped up with more reps and playing time. That's 4 straight very good games for him now and 5 good ones in the last 6. When Caruso and Lonzo return, it's going to be hard for him to get consistent minutes. Hopefully this turns his season around, but I honestly don't see Coby playing well unless he can get consistent minutes. 

I honestly wonder if they can get away with DDR playing the 4 for awhile. It's small but White-Lavine-Ball-DDR-Vuc could be fun. I think the longer White plays well the better compensation you can get for him. 

White only has a year left on his contract so I'm not sure if he really makes since for a rebuilding team in Houston (for a disgruntled Wood) but it could always be a 3 team trade.

5 hours ago, scs787 said:

I honestly wonder if they can get away with DDR playing the 4 for awhile. It's small but White-Lavine-Ball-DDR-Vuc could be fun. I think the longer White plays well the better compensation you can get for him. 

White only has a year left on his contract so I'm not sure if he really makes since for a rebuilding team in Houston (for a disgruntled Wood) but it could always be a 3 team trade.

I prefer the transition buckets players like Green/Caruso provide the ones, and bulls still struggle with bench scoring. We don’t have problems making a good starting lineup, but would be nice to rest DDR and Vuc more in second half because Coby improves playmaking with the 2s.

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

Is winning 60 games out of the realm of possibility?  Perhaps.  But there is definitely something special about this squad. 

I think they'll win around 55 games barring any major injuries. They'll probably be buyers at the deadline too. They're absolutely getting smoked in the paint by mediocre players without AC and Lonzo guarding the perimeter. 

Edited by chw42

2 hours ago, chw42 said:

I think they'll win around 55 games barring any major injuries. They'll probably be buyers at the deadline too. They're absolutely getting smoked in the paint by mediocre players without AC and Lonzo guarding the perimeter. 

I donot think they need to make a big trade - just find another big and role with this unit. 55 would be stellar. 

7 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I donot think they need to make a big trade - just find another big and role with this unit. 55 would be stellar. 

This team needs a legit starting PF IMO, but I don’t know how they acquire one without depleting it’s depth in a detrimental way.  Interior D and rebounding are two big issues that could limit this team when it matters. 

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

Wasn’t that the year they lost in the conference finals? 

Anyone who would be disappointed with a conference finals appearance for this Bulls team?

It was. I'd be jazzed an ECF appearance. Cowley just seems to be saying that "remember, it sucks to get to the ECF and lose!"

4 hours ago, bmags said:

Oh my god I found floor seats for tomorrow’s game for only $200 (normal weekday/non big time team like this would be like $550+). I’ve only been on 100 level once, this is gonna be amazing

Fuck yeah. Have fun bmags.

17 hours ago, bmags said:

Oh my god I found floor seats for tomorrow’s game for only $200 (normal weekday/non big time team like this would be like $550+). I’ve only been on 100 level once, this is gonna be amazing

That's awesome. Enjoy.