2021-22 NBA Thread

21 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Right now DeRozan has a legit shot to be the starting SG from the East. He and Zach both have the counting stats and advanced stats.

Vuc has an extremely long outside shot, but he'd have to keep his offensive resurgence going.

I was worried this was going to be a trap game. They really haven’t played very well past three games….but pulled them out which is huge. 

Bmags….if they lost, I was going to call the bulls and tell them to bar you from 100 level haha.  Having sat down low (never truly courtside - that is my bucket list like you) two or three times…it is just incredible watch. The players are even more athletic and talented when you see it up close vs 200 or 300 level seat. 

• Like 1

so definitely an amazing experience. If this is something anyone has wanted to do, I'd definitely check out the A and B rows for the main 100 level sections on weeknight/less popular opponents because it was still incredible. There was a possession late in the fourth where zach crossed over, stepped back and drained a jumper that TV can't recreate.

Fun stuff:

- Uh, you get free drinks (alcohol and non) and a wait staff in these seats
- At one point the ref T'd up Mo Bamba on the bench when the ref was halfway up the court. Nobody around us heard it, not even sure if the players heard it, but it was hilarious as players and fans alike were looking around asking each other what he said, while Mo Bamba just kept his head down, and then everyone just started cracking up at once.
- Gary Harris was chatting up some Michigan State fans chanting for him to come home. To which he replied he's never going back to winter again.
- It is crazy watching Wendell Carter bully "mismatches" like DJJ now and how he was aggressively running his offense. The Magic are bad, but I really like this Carter/Wagner duo and how they play off one another. They are skilled enough it may work with a talented wing and guard combo.
- Ayo is freakin ripped, I wonder as he continues to gain strength what it will allow him to add to his game
- Just an unbelievably bad shooting night. If Ball had a reasonable night from 3 this game wouldn't have been close, also if Demar juts hit his normal FT rate.
- One of my favorite moments of being up close was when we were on bulls basket side, lonzo grabbed a rebound and you could see his eyes turn upcourt to a bulls player streaking by us. He opted against it, but it was so cool that you could see what he was thinking
- Also fun to see the players direct each other on the court and talk to each other. Easy to see how there is stuff a color announcer like King can pick up on being close to the actoin vs. TV

It's gonna be hard to go back to regular seats

• Like 1

an interesting back and forth on who bulls should try for at the deadline. I really can't decide but have to say it's nice to trust that the bulls front office is likely to make the right choice.

https://heavy.com/sports/chicago-bulls/nba-trade-buzz-should-bulls-go-for-harrison-barnes-or-jerami-grant/

Obviously, there are other dream acquisitions like Siakam.

Based off of that read, Grant could press the bulls ability to shut down the perimeter when caruso and ball are there. The bulls gave up a ton in the paint on Sunday, but it's worse when it's layups. I'm not sure the bulls care as much if they are just getting bullied by bigs. Caruso and Ball help shut down any easy penetration. 

28 minutes ago, bmags said:

an interesting back and forth on who bulls should try for at the deadline. I really can't decide but have to say it's nice to trust that the bulls front office is likely to make the right choice.

https://heavy.com/sports/chicago-bulls/nba-trade-buzz-should-bulls-go-for-harrison-barnes-or-jerami-grant/

Based off of that read, Grant could press the bulls ability to shut down the perimeter when caruso and ball are there. The bulls gave up a ton in the paint on Sunday, but it's worse when it's layups. I'm not sure the bulls care as much if they are just getting bullied by bigs. Caruso and Ball help shut down any easy penetration. 

I'm just wondering if the Bulls think Siakim is worth Coby, Pat, DJJ, and Troy Brown (+whatever remaining draft capital they have) at this point, mainly due to Siakim's contract, with Zach's extension looming. 

I'd lean heavily towards Barnes + hope Pat can return.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Grant is too ball-dominant for the team. He's also not that efficient and would require the ball a lot more than someone like Barnes. Grant is getting 20 points on 16 FGA. Barnes is getting 17 points on 11.5 FGA. Green and DJJ are averaging about 8 FGA combined right now. I can see the other 4 guys giving up 3-4 FGA per game to Barnes, I can't see them giving up 8 FGA per game to Grant. Grant is probably better defensively, but I think Barnes helps fill the hole Williams left perfectly. I'm also definitely not giving up Pat for Grant. 

46 minutes ago, Quin said:

I'm just wondering if the Bulls think Siakim is worth Coby, Pat, DJJ, and Troy Brown (+whatever remaining draft capital they have) at this point, mainly due to Siakim's contract, with Zach's extension looming. 

I'd lean heavily towards Barnes + hope Pat can return.

Not gonna lie, it would hurt losing the depth required to get Grant or Barnes. DJJ has been really good for this team. Brown has been solid lately as well. The trade options that work salary-wise are the following:

Coby + Brown + DJJ

PWill + Coby + Brown (+ one low tier filler, haven't checked)

PWill + DJJ

Id prefer the last choice tbh. We don't even know if PWill is going to return this year. Keeping Coby would be really nice given his recent production, unless you think it's a fluke. 

Barnes fits better offensively IMO, but I love Grant's length defensively. When he was more focused on being a role player like in Denver, he was efficient and played better defense. Could be a very solid fit. 

10 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Grant is too ball-dominant for the team. He's also not that efficient and would require the ball a lot more than someone like Barnes. Grant is getting 20 points on 16 FGA. Barnes is getting 17 points on 11.5 FGA. Green and DJJ are averaging about 8 FGA combined right now. I can see the other 4 guys giving up 3-4 FGA per game to Barnes, I can't see them giving up 8 FGA per game to Grant. Grant is probably better defensively, but I think Barnes helps fill the hole Williams left perfectly. I'm also definitely not giving up Pat for Grant. 

I'm really not sold or impressed with PWill so far. He just has zero aggressiveness in his game. I think the Bulls need to go all in this year. DeMar and Vuc aren't getting any younger.

14 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I'm really not sold or impressed with PWill so far. He just has zero aggressiveness in his game. I think the Bulls need to go all in this year. DeMar and Vuc aren't getting any younger.

You're probably not wrong with the window we have. Vuc is gone after next year and I'm not sure how long DeMar has left to be this good. The question you ask really should be is Williams going to fulfill his potential in the next 2 years? If not, he should be on the table if you can get a big name player. Some guys take a few years to get their footing in the league and Williams could very well be one of them. But he can also end up just being a role player who doesn't score much. 

32 minutes ago, ron883 said:

This may be true but like Wendell Carter, Pat was one of the youngest players in his class, and we were saying the same stuff about him and I just watch that dude be a completely different player than what he was a year ago. It is a classic now vs later thing, but I don't think our impressions of williams now are that accurate for what he can be. And he was showing aggressiveness like, just before he got hurt.

42 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

KC must have been sitting near bmags just going total fanboy 

I actually thought it was quiet last night, but also never really think the UC is that loud for Bulls games compared to Hawks or what happens at full sox games.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chw42 said:

He's also the best player or at least 2nd best,  on a really bad team and gets a lot more defensive attention than he would on the Bulls. I have no idea what they do, but I'm starting to think the new guys in charge seem to know what they are doing.

Give him 54 and some goggles. Uncle Horace would be thrilled.

Edited by Dick Allen

3 hours ago, chw42 said:

I think a lot of this stuff is hard to suss out with his decision to go to DET specifically to try to be more ball dominant. He's played for Donovan before, if he's okay with joining a winning team again and all that entails, I doubt you'll see anything close to his shot selection. I think I'd rather just maximize offense with Barnes, because how much are you going to slow down a nets anyway, and milwaukee will be a slog anyway where we'll probably be more concerned with offense. But if Grant reverts to Denver form OR can handle more of the second line duties with Coby as main scorers that can help maybe keep a fresher DDR or Lavine in playoffs.