2021-22 NBA Thread

Easily the worst game since getting blown out by GSW. 

It was a 71-71 game and they literally got outscored by 35 in 2/3 of a quarter. They could barely get a shot up for most of the 4th qtr. Seems like the refs let the Nets maul them on defense.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Easily the worst game since getting blown out by GSW. 

It was a 71-71 game and they literally got outscored by 35 in 2/3 of a quarter. They could barely get a shot up for most of the 4th qtr. Seems like the refs let the Nets maul them on defense.

What happened? I went to read with my kids came downstairs to watch the end thinking it would be good and it was a route. I’m not going to worry - if anything let this teach the team a lesson. 

Hopefully Jones injury is not as bad as it looked. Need to get Caruso back this week (sounds like it won’t be for Golden State) and ideally get Javonte back end of next week. 

1 hour ago, Chisoxfn said:

What happened? I went to read with my kids came downstairs to watch the end thinking it would be good and it was a route. I’m not going to worry - if anything let this teach the team a lesson. 

Hopefully Jones injury is not as bad as it looked. Need to get Caruso back this week (sounds like it won’t be for Golden State) and ideally get Javonte back end of next week. 

Offense got cold, Nets hit all their open 3 pointers, guys who replaced DJJ kept committing dumb fouls on Durant and Harden. By the time the Bulls started coughing the ball up just about every possession, the game was pretty much over early in the 4th quarter. There was a sequence of possessions where DeRozan, LaVine, and Vucevic lost the ball without even putting a shot up. It was just ugly as hell to watch. 

5 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Yeah being out Caruso, Green, Jones (and obviously Williams) really is hard to overcome with alfonso McKinney.

26 minutes ago, knightni said:

So, do the Bulls not know how to play defense, or am I just thinking of 1990s NBA defenses?

The bulls are a very good defensive team.  Last night sucked but overall they have been really good this season

36 minutes ago, knightni said:

So, do the Bulls not know how to play defense, or am I just thinking of 1990s NBA defenses?

Their best defender is out and their 3 power forwards to start season are out and we’re playing a guy who played in Mexico on Kevin Durant.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, knightni said:

When healthy the Bulls are a defensive nightmare for teams.

But it depends on high energy coming from Lonzo and Caruso, then to a lesser extent Ayo, Javonte Green and Derrick Jones. Caruso especially brings a TON of defensive presence without needing the ball on offense.

13 minutes ago, Quin said:

When healthy the Bulls are a defensive nightmare for teams.

But it depends on high energy coming from Lonzo and Caruso, then to a lesser extent Ayo, Javonte Green and Derrick Jones. Caruso especially brings a TON of defensive presence without needing the ball on offense.

Caruso was COVID right? God he must have been a mess he’s been gone for weeks.

2 hours ago, knightni said:

They were good at the beginning of the season. They've been one of the worst lately. It's a combination of Caruso being out and the refs going back to calling the games horribly. If you breathe in Harden, it's a foul. I'm really disappointed they've gone back to call games like they did last year. Not surprised though. 

12 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

He had a hamstring injury that he seemed to rush back from when they were the first team hit by COVID, then he had a foot injury, then COVID while tending to his foot.

6 minutes ago, ron883 said:

They were good at the beginning of the season. They've been one of the worst lately. It's a combination of Caruso being out and the refs going back to calling the games horribly. If you breathe in Harden, it's a foul. I'm really disappointed they've gone back to call games like they did last year. Not surprised though. 

The calls for Harden last night were so fucking bad.

3 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

As Q mentioned, I think he's also been dealing with some lingering injuries, but right now it seems like COVID is the reason he is currently out of the lineup. 

He's very much missed. 

10 minutes ago, Tony said:

As Q mentioned, I think he's also been dealing with some lingering injuries, but right now it seems like COVID is the reason he is currently out of the lineup. 

He's very much missed. 

I think he's been out like 7 or 8 days thus far from COVID.  He entered protocol on the 5th of January. Prior to that he had been out due to the foot injury (after briefly coming back from a hamstring injury). The good news is - the extra rest should help his body. There were some reports that he's been able to cardio and physical work in his house, which gave me the impression he either had no symptoms or extremely mild symptoms.  

That said - I think Friday is exactly 10 days so I presume he has to go through some increased stress levels, etc, which is why he won't play Friday against Warriors.  Any news on yesterday's injury. Is it a couple week thing or a dreaded season ender?  

4 hours ago, ron883 said:

Yeah, I try to avoid blaming the refs except when it's really egregious, but I thought last night was pretty egregious, especially early on, which prevented us from really getting traction.  The wheels came off and the injuries hurt us for sure, but the refs set the tone early.  It was gonna be tough to win that game with that kind of officiating, and it will be tough to beat them in a series if three of their players are getting the "star treatment" from the refs.

We really miss Caruso, but I think we've got an emergency at the 4 and need a trade soon.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bmags said:

Yes he did. Gotta wonder, if either Javonte or DJJ are on the team by time they heal up.

I want to keep DJJ around, but he likely won't be here next year, and that salary will probably be needed in trade.  The sooner Coach Donovan weens himself from his over reliance on Javonte the better IMO.