2021-22 NBA Thread

2 hours ago, chw42 said:

Honestly, I don't see how we can beat Atlanta in a deal for Gobert if they're willing to give up both Capella and Collins. A Gobert and Young pairing would make Atlanta a pretty damn good team since their defense is their biggest weakness and they have a lot of perimeter shooting. So they don't need to worry about spacing quite as much with Gobert in their lineup. 

If Atlanta doesn't see it that way, I can see how there might not be a ton of good suitors for Gobert and his contract. I'd have to think Williams would be involved. But I think if the Bulls are willing to wait it out, they can probably get him for Vuc, Coby, Green, and some combination of the 18th or Portland pick. Portland picking up Jerami Grant for almost nothing probably means the pick conveys in the next 2 years. 

Draft Day.  Will Gobert be a Bull tonight?  Or is Vuc on the move(🙏🏻🙏🏻)?  Do they sell high on Bust Williams before the league gets wise (wishful thinking I know)?  

Really hoping AK has something up his sleeve to reshape the front court and make this team a real contender.  Running it back just is not good enough. 

37 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Draft Day.  Will Gobert be a Bull tonight?  Or is Vuc on the move(🙏🏻🙏🏻)?  Do they sell high on Bust Williams before the league gets wise (wishful thinking I know)?  

Really hoping AK has something up his sleeve to reshape the front court and make this team a real contender.  Running it back just is not good enough. 

I read this as "Brian Williams" and was very intrigued as to how the retired NBC anchor played into the Bulls front office plans.

• Haha 1

To some extent I find bulls offseason lead ups a bit boring because I don't quite believe any chatter. I assume stuff will happen. I hope good.

We need shooting galore. But we also need health.

Williams really hasn't shown much, but he really is young and had too many starts and stops. He's on a different timeline though, good bait.

1 hour ago, Chisoxfn said:

With the kryie stuff does KD all of a sudden become an option for Bulls (if kryie goes). 

What would that trade even look like? KD for DeRozan, Vucevic, and all the draft picks we can give? 

43 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Say no to Gobert, trade up 5 spots or so for Mark Williams. 

Williams is a plug and play defender, but he's probably about as useful as Tony Bradley is offensively in a half court set right now. Gobert, with all his faults in his offensive game, is at least good in pick and roll and can get you offensive boards. It's why he's been considered a neutral value offensive player all these years despite him being an old school NBA center. 

I’m not banking on Williams after what he’s showed, but he is still 2 years younger than dosunmu and lost a year basically. WCJ also looked passive and a baby and in Orlando definitely looks more the version the bulls wanted when they drafted. Took 3 years and really 4.

but maybe it never happens.

The low usage rate always being referred to as unselfish annoys me. Some times your team needs you to step up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

Man, the NBA is my favorite reality TV drama.

I like how Lakers fans thought DeRozan was going to take the MLE to play for them last year, but money won out over him going back home. You'd think the same would happen in this Kyrie situation and this is all a bluff to get the Nets to trade him, but Kyrie is crazy and stupid, so you never know. 

2 hours ago, chw42 said:

I like how Lakers fans thought DeRozan was going to take the MLE to play for them last year, but money won out over him going back home. You'd think the same would happen in this Kyrie situation and this is all a bluff to get the Nets to trade him, but Kyrie is crazy and stupid, so you never know. 

Also it’s the lakers. This shit works out for them all the time.

No org deserved a trophy less than they did in 2020. They were dysfunctional and dead in the water. Then Lebron left Cleveland for them.

Then AD forced his way there.