2021-22 NBA Thread

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Hartenstein is the obvious best option. Sad to see Bulls avoiding tax...they committed to tax with lavine imo.

Gallinari is fine as a second unit player, would be a good pickup.

Hartenstein would be great. I still want better and more creative than anything being discussed so hopefully they surprise me. 

4 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Hartenstein would be great. I still want better and more creative than anything being discussed so hopefully they surprise me. 

I understand AKME probably have some limitations put on them by ownership to not go into the tax (yet), but if what's rumored is going to be the moves they'll make, it's pretty disappointing. Last off-season was very creative, but we also had a ton of assets to work with. Right now, not so much. But I was still hoping they'd pull something out of their ass. 

12 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I understand AKME probably have some limitations put on them by ownership to not go into the tax (yet), but if what's rumored is going to be the moves they'll make, it's pretty disappointing. Last off-season was very creative, but we also had a ton of assets to work with. Right now, not so much. But I was still hoping they'd pull something out of their ass. 

That said I remember going in thinking we'd be in on ball, but I don't really remember thinking bulls would go after derozan or even caruso until it happened. They had more options last year though, but they are mostly trades. And it still seems like bulls gossip comes from everywhere else aside from the bulls.

18 minutes ago, Marqhead said:

For someone who doesn’t understand NBA assets and contracts, is there any conceivable way the Bulls could put together a package good enough to get him?

The answer to this is if Kevin Durant wants to go to Chicago it will happen, because the brooklyn nets will want a super star in the future and they will not want to be the first team that prevents him. 

But yeah. Salary wise it works. The Bulls then are severely limited in draft picks, and essentially would be able to trade the portland pick (not very valuable) and then would need to send off picks in 2027, 2029, etc.

image.png

On 6/24/2022 at 9:59 AM, scs787 said:

I'm really hoping DDR unlocks Williams. The game is there, he just needs to be more assertive.  

There's a picture on the interwebs of Dalen playing with KD which is mildly interesting.  Idk what the circumstances were. 

Lol. 

I feel like there's no shot,  unless Brooklyn is high on Williams.  

I am just going say this outloud, but this is why we got AK in here.  It's time to sell the hell out of Chicago and do everything possible to recruit KD.  I am sure the Bulls won't be the in the game, but for the first time since MJ left, they can be in the game.

7 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

If they acquired KD for that package, I sure hope they'd swap Vuc ASAP for useful defensive parts.  I'd much prefer to send Vuc to BKN over DD, but the value and appeal would be far lower on their end.

Yes correct that’d be a need

22 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I am just going say this outloud, but this is why we got AK in here.  It's time to sell the hell out of Chicago and do everything possible to recruit KD.  I am sure the Bulls won't be the in the game, but for the first time since MJ left, they can be in the game.

I was thinking this. My first instinct was to think there is now way this type of move would happen for the Bulls but AK and Eversley was supposed to bring this very type of thing to the Bulls. Last off season the tenor around the league with the players seem to suggest that guys were now open to this franchise again. I guess we shall see now. 

They need to make it happen. Whatever it takes.  

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

The first question to ask is why would he want to come to Chicago as opposed to everywhere else.

That is the new front office's job to make it work. I also technically think that Lavine and Durant are relatively close (not sure if close is the right term but I feel like they have hung out during their Olympic time and have generally been very complimentary of each other).