2021-22 NBA Thread

9 minutes ago, Quin said:

Boo. 

Would expect Bamba to get slightly less, which is also around what I'd pay for him

Well this sucks. Short deal and fairly cheap. 

This does open up Mitchell Robinson as a possibility again though. 

Edited by chw42

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

They also hired his father as an assistant coach.

NGL I thought Jalen Brunson was actually just Rick Brunson for a while. I remember when Rick played for those awful Bulls teams. 

1 hour ago, Quin said:

Also, I'm just sitting here imagining the alternate timeline where Jimmy stays and recruits Kyrie, as was speculated.

The old regime + Jimmy/Kyrie would have been an absolute gold mine for WTF drama.

From Jimmy + Wade + Rondo drama to Jimmy + Kyrie drama.  Hahaha that would be a delicious train wreck if it weren’t my team. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, scs787 said:

I wanted him at the trade deadline last year, and I now want him again. Mike Mascula is out there. Metrics say his defense is good and he shot 42% from 3. 

Yeah he's interesting. I doubt he'd get a full MLE. Might be a good backup plan to Gallinari. 

12 minutes ago, bmags said:

Meet the new boss….same as the old boss

David Samson's quote about Jerry's team building philosophy has never been more accurate than in 2022. 

I am grateful to Samson for telling the fans how it is. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

17 minutes ago, chw42 said:

It really sucks to be a fan of a team owned by the Reinsdorfs. 

Especially the Bulls. Look at all the shit the Bulls fans sat through while lining JRs pockets with cash. If he’s afraid of the tax, they aren’t going to win. I hope the people wHo give him all their money realize it and stop going to games, Get back to pre Jordan where they are lucky to draw 6k.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Especially the Bulls. Look at all the shit the Bulls fans sat through while lining JRs pockets with cash. If he’s afraid of the tax, they aren’t going to win. I hope the people wHo give him all their money realize it and stop going to games, Get back to pre Jordan where they are lucky to draw 6k.

Hopefully when Jerry dies, Michael is actually interested in winning championships, rather than winning just enough to keep fans coming to the stadium and maximizing profit.