2021-22 NBA Thread

17 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Couldn’t they just use part of their tpe on Drummond and than still have the full MLE. That is if JR was willing to pay luxury tax. 

well the real shame is they should have been able to use their bi-annual exception on Tristan Thompson, when that could have easily been used here. TT was cool though because he added nothing and was garbage.

• Fire 1

32 minutes ago, chw42 said:

This is just sad...I wonder what plan B is. 

I don't know that this is sad - they are losing out to the defending champs.  Reality is they are stretched thin so they were never going to big players in free agency and will have to make more noise in the trade front. Sad will be if they really don't intend to go to the luxury tax (but I will point out - at this point - for the Bulls they need to get another true superstar by next year or they should rethink a few things).  That includes potential ability to land one in-season (i.e., Zion or when Lamelo Ball eventually tries to force his way into a major market, etc). 

I still think they should be in on Ayton or very aggressive on Vuc replacements....unless they think Vucwill take a step forward. Reality is Vuc and Demar are on wrong side of 30 so those are the type of guys they should be looking to flip to get better version of older players or to extend window/flexibility, etc.  

17 minutes ago, chw42 said:

At least Zach is back

Now lets hope he is back to being more like the player we saw early last season before the knee injury and the previous season (if not even better than that).  I never doubt Zach's willingness to put in the work so I just hope that knee injury is behind him and he's ready to continue his upward trajectory!  He will probably not be worth the money but its the NBA so you got to do it. 

But funny that it was what 3 years ago or whatever that everyone was arm writing the last deal Zach got (after they had to match the Kings offer).  

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

I don't know that this is sad - they are losing out to the defending champs.  Reality is they are stretched thin so they were never going to big players in free agency and will have to make more noise in the trade front. Sad will be if they really don't intend to go to the luxury tax (but I will point out - at this point - for the Bulls they need to get another true superstar by next year or they should rethink a few things).  That includes potential ability to land one in-season (i.e., Zion or when Lamelo Ball eventually tries to force his way into a major market, etc). 

I still think they should be in on Ayton or very aggressive on Vuc replacements....unless they think Vucwill take a step forward. Reality is Vuc and Demar are on wrong side of 30 so those are the type of guys they should be looking to flip to get better version of older players or to extend window/flexibility, etc.  

Wow this is some bill simmons stuff here!

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Oh yeah - Golden State won...oops.  

Worse from you since the games were actually being played before midnight for you. I had to look it up. I think I only remembered because of bill simmons tears on twitter.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Worse from you since the games were actually being played before midnight for you. I had to look it up. I think I only remembered because of bill simmons tears on twitter.

I also watched almost every game haha. Horrible memory.  I swear one thing with kids is I spend so much time either working or with them that my actual time where I a focus any memory cells to non my #1 team and what happened is just so slim. Now I know why when I used to look at my dad and not realize he didn't realize all 100 things that happened in the sports world the night before and look at him with pure shock like how is that possible.  

For Pete sake I can't even remember the Warriors just won the championship (better you reminding me than the stink eye I'd have gotten from my 7 year old who would have just said...."Warriors bro...Warriors".  

What if something like this - Vuc and filler/picks - Lakers get Kryie/Durant - Bulls get AD - Nets get Vuc, Brook and Picks (presumably they buyout Russ). Just making up something that doesn't have Bulls getting Durant but still has them in on the shenanigans.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

What if something like this - Vuc and filler/picks - Lakers get Kryie/Durant - Bulls get AD - Nets get Vuc, Brook and Picks (presumably they buyout Russ). Just making up something that doesn't have Bulls getting Durant but still has them in on the shenanigans.  

it is very risky but does seem like one of those things where a player like AD could be injury prone until he isn't (like embiid now being largely ok). But also he could be completely toast like Dwight Howard.

Just now, bmags said:

it is very risky but does seem like one of those things where a player like AD could be injury prone until he isn't (like embiid now being largely ok). But also he could be completely toast like Dwight Howard.

I would personally love the balance of that squad though and Drummond is a pretty good fit along with AD too.  But you have Lavine, Derozan, Caruso, Ball, and AD.  Plus Pat Williams, Drummond, Ayo, White, etc.  Probably completely unrealistic / make believe land - but that is a pretty balanced squad and with AD you are not going to get pick and rolled to death like we were with Vuc. 

Tough this KD stuff. Obviously chicago can't put together the best talent package for him, OKC could. So it would need KD to say I want chicago, and he hasn't said anything so etc etc.

I still think Gobert is a good move. It doesn't solve vs. all teams but certainly helps vs a team like philly/bucks. Should also help vs. Miami. 

I've been reading about teams needing to give up 4-5 No. 1 picks for Durant. I don't think I'd go there. He seems to get hurt a lot now. I can't imagine where he'll end up. Which fellow superstar(s) does he want to team up with? The fact he has to be acquired via trade rather than free agency makes me think a team would be dumb to acquire him.