2021-22 NBA Thread

We also signed Stanley Johnson so this is a full roster.

I knew I wouldn't know a lot about the remaining guys, and it is true that I do not.

However, seems like a bunch of rangey defensive types that are reasonably young and you could hope for a breakout role player among them. 

Can he make a Jimmy Butler like jump though? Lol.

His per 36 min last year were 17 points and 17 rebounds. That just seems silly. Really like the signing. I would have liked some more size, but how many teams these days really have 2 BIG bigs you gotta worry about?

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

I knew I wouldn't know a lot about the remaining guys, and it is true that I do not.

However, seems like a bunch of rangey defensive types that are reasonably young and you could hope for a breakout role player among them. 

The Bull have gotten younger and more athletic.

Gar in New Orleans:

300px-Thanos'_Impossible.jpg

6 minutes ago, Quin said:

The Bull have gotten younger and more athletic.

Gar in New Orleans:

300px-Thanos'_Impossible.jpg

We probably got older this offseason but yeah these are very athletic guys. I'm glad they also should have enough depth to let Ayo develop in the G league.

6 minutes ago, bmags said:

We probably got older this offseason but yeah these are very athletic guys. I'm glad they also should have enough depth to let Ayo develop in the G league.

Yeah the meme doesn't work as well considering their starting lineup pre-Vuc was younger than some colleges, but they have to be younger than when Gar made those comments and signed...Wade and Rondo.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Stanley lit up the Bulls for 35 points last year, but did little else from an offensive stand point.

He is said to be an elite defender though. AKME has added a lot to the defensive side of the ball.

1 hour ago, scs787 said:

Stanley lit up the Bulls for 35 points last year, but did little else from an offensive stand point.

He is said to be an elite defender though. AKME has added a lot to the defensive side of the ball.

If Olympic Zach is an actual thing - which may be possible since he has Vuc and DeRozan, plus Ball orchestrating all a bunch of athletes - I can live with our defense.

Matt Thomas is another interesting signing. Picture perfect 3 point stroke. Put up a 3P% over 40% at high volume in his last 2 years at, you guessed it, Iowa State, then all he did was shoot 48% as a rookie 2 years ago. 

Not sure he brings anything else to the table, but having a guy like that at the end of your bench is nice.

2 hours ago, scs787 said:

3 weeks from training camp and Lavine, Vuc, DeRozan, Caruso, White, and Williams are already working out together. Gotta love that. 

If White is working out with them that would be a great sign.  I thought he was going to miss most of training camp from his offseason shoulder surgery...so this would imply he is ahead of schedule on that front (which would be awesome).  

1 hour ago, Chisoxfn said:

If White is working out with them that would be a great sign.  I thought he was going to miss most of training camp from his offseason shoulder surgery...so this would imply he is ahead of schedule on that front (which would be awesome).  

Not sure if it's limited or not, but the fact he's there is encouraging. 

It's been awhile since I've been this intrigued by a bulls team. Even the minor moves all have strong traits that should be beneficial to the team as a whole. I think the Alize move is gonna be sneaky good. Reminds me a lot of Taj. I'm a homer but I would not be shocked if this is a 4 seed in the east and maybeeeee if they all mesh well a 3.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ron883 said:

Is there anything more Kyrie Irving than not getting the vaccine and potentially having to miss all home games? 

Kyrie's one of those guys who will be contrarian just to make himself look smart. The guy literally believed the earth is flat. 

His aunt seems to be all in his ear about this stuff and she's definitely one of those people. I wonder how much of a role she had in Kyrie being this way. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chw42 said:

Kyrie's one of those guys who will be contrarian just to make himself look smart. The guy literally believed the earth is flat. 

His aunt seems to be all in his ear about this stuff and she's definitely one of those people. I wonder how much of a role she had in Kyrie being this way. 

The guy is a complete and utter dope. I get the idea that he doesn't want to play much either. He went MIA last year for personal reasons, then video came out of him partying during that time. He probably loves the idea of only playing less than 50% of the games. 

On 9/24/2021 at 2:55 PM, Dick Allen said:

Williams developing into a star is really the one hope the Bulls have of competing for a championship any time soon. This injury is a shame. Hopefully it won't hinder him during the season, and he will be able to take the next step.

So, little to no hope at all then.

17 hours ago, ron883 said:

The guy is a complete and utter dope. I get the idea that he doesn't want to play much either. He went MIA last year for personal reasons, then video came out of him partying during that time. He probably loves the idea of only playing less than 50% of the games. 

He and Wiggins are willing to sacrifice half their paychecks for this. 

If I were the Nets or Warriors, I'd be fielding calls for them. Although teams like the Bulls and Clippers (anywhere where similar mandates could get passed) should stay far, far away.

8 minutes ago, Quin said:

If I were the Nets or Warriors, I'd be fielding calls for them. Although teams like the Bulls and Clippers (anywhere where similar mandates could get passed) should stay far, far away.

Teams in Texas and Georgia should be calling though.

4 hours ago, Quin said:

Even if you aren't in a place with the vaccine mandates, chances are decent you will have to face Brooklyn/Lakers/Golden State in the playoffs. Trading for those guys just isn't worth it.