2021-22 NBA Thread

7 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Damn - they didn’t play well but still down to final shot. Awesome - Thibbs is so good as a coach. 

I love This. Shame he was a Bulls long timer. He was such a good coach. Players love playing for him. Upper management tried smearing him on the way out of course. 

13 minutes ago, ron883 said:

That play had to be designed for a handoff to Zach, right? No way it was drawn up so he would converge with Vuc and take a contested, long 2 pointer, lol. 

I think Vuc rolled out and cause an issue where normally that is a nice jumper for Derozan. My guess is it was a read react play that could have gone to either. 

Williams played aggressive for a few minute - hurt again. He has good touch and mid range - needs to get health and come back with anger and aggression. 

This was a game where White would have been huge. They needed another guy to space the floor and hit buckets and a hot White would have been exactly what the doctor ordered. 

15 minutes ago, ron883 said:

That play had to be designed for a handoff to Zach, right? No way it was drawn up so he would converge with Vuc and take a contested, long 2 pointer, lol. 

The handoff would have left him one-on-one with enough time for one dribble and a midrange jumper.  Better than what they turned out getting, true.

7 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

I still remember how much I didn’t like the Noah draft selection and now he is one of my all time favorite Bulls. Wish I could watch live but at least have set for DVR. 

You were right the first time, but he made himself into something he wasn't when they drafted him by a lot of hard work. They could use a few of those old timers back right now to protect the middle and get a few rebounds.

5 minutes ago, Quin said:

He was President of Basketball Ops as well. Thibs should only coach.

It's a fair question regardless of his dual roles.  He should have been able to at least get Butler to help him out a bit, instead he gutted the team from inside and got himself traded, and Thibs fired. 

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

He’s the Bulls version of Madrigal, isn’t he?  Going to get traded as the 4th pick with injury issues.

That's a bit of a stretch for a guy who started all but one game last season, and every game this season after severely spraining his ankle in preseason, don't you think

7 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

That's a bit of a stretch for a guy who started all but one game last season, and every game this season after severely spraining his ankle in preseason, don't you think

Injury issue during current season....you don’t often see players traded while out for the year with injury.  Didn’t mean it as Williams being injury prone 

This sucks because as much as I complained about Williams I still thought he was one of those guys who could have gotten a lot better as season went on and as a cost controlled piece/asset going forward. In short term this obviously hurts and slows that trend but long run he is still super young and should still be able to work on his quickness but obviously won’t be able to shoot etc for a while. 

Tough how many of the Bulls recent picks have had a lot of trouble staying on the court. 

I heard his injury was a perilunate dislocation of his left wrist which is really serious. @ptatc is there a chance his career might be altered with this? I know that is the most serious wrist injury you can have.

I believe this will effect his passing, dribbling, etc. for the rest of his career. Thank god he shoots right handed though. 

Edited by SoxAce

11 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

It's a fair question regardless of his dual roles.  He should have been able to at least get Butler to help him out a bit, instead he gutted the team from inside and got himself traded, and Thibs fired. 

That helps.  I didn't know what happened there, other than thinking Thibs doesn't react well to being told what to do.

19 hours ago, Stinky Stanky said:

What happened to him in Minnesota that it went sour so soon?

I think everything post thibs there should answer the obvious point that Minnesota has been a trash organization that perpetually underperforms, yet made the playoffs in a loaded west under him.

9 hours ago, bmags said:

I think everything post thibs there should answer the obvious point that Minnesota has been a trash organization that perpetually underperforms, yet made the playoffs in a loaded west under him.

I hope you're not saying that there wasn't plenty of talent there for Thibs, because there was.