Jump to content
bmags

2021-22 NBA Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Quin said:

Time for the annual ridiculous "get more stars to Chicago proposal":

Pat, Coby, DJJ, and Brown + whatever draft capital we have left for picks. Hope T-Wolves are willing to look past Coby and Pat's injuries. Draft assets are basically fucked for a while, cap space is fucked. Re-sign Stanley Johnson. Roll with this:

Lonzo - Zach - DDR - KAT - Vuc

Caruso - Ayo - Javonte - Johnson - Bradley

Honestly, this is exactly the situation that has me excited about this front office.  They aren't afraid to swing for the fences.  We have seen so much superstar movement around the NBA, there is zero reason the Bulls shouldn't have been a beneficiary of it over recent years.  With this management group, you know they will try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Honestly, this is exactly the situation that has me excited about this front office.  They aren't afraid to swing for the fences.  We have seen so much superstar movement around the NBA, there is zero reason the Bulls shouldn't have been a beneficiary of it over recent years.  With this management group, you know they will try.

Under GarPax I also would have viewed it as spending everything on KAT and then having nothing left. This FO has show plenty of creativity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just looking over the cap situation, bringing in KAT is very doable and they still wouldn't even be in the top 5 in payroll. 

 

I don't know what picks can be traded, but I'd be totally down to go all Rams on the league to make this happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, scs787 said:

Just looking over the cap situation, bringing in KAT is very doable and they still wouldn't even be in the top 5 in payroll. 

 

I don't know what picks can be traded, but I'd be totally down to go all Rams on the league to make this happen. 

Blazers pick, pick swaps in 22, 24, and 26, first rounders starting in 27, and second rounders scattered here and there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like if you bring in KAT you are trading Vuc to make it happen tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bmags said:

I feel like if you bring in KAT you are trading Vuc to make it happen tbh.

I was giong to say the same thing. I don't want KAT and VUC next to each other. I think its a disaster, neither is a good defender and they probably negate each other. Towns is a defensive issue -> but he is significantly better than Vuc and younger, so I would be down with upgrading Vuc and than finding a damn good defensive center (in time) to put next to Towns (don't care if he can score - just be able to rebound and play D).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I don't see how the Bulls have the assets to get KAT. 

The going rate now is 3 picks and 3 swaps. I can't remember now, I think maybe they can do 2 picks (hou + 2027?) plus 3 swaps. So they are at a disadvantage. However, I do think if you use Vuc, who has a very tradeable contract, it gets you closer. And as @Chisoxfn mentioned, there is too much overlap there. KAT is better and younger so it's a no-brainer, but if its Vuc +2 picks + 3 swaps I unno.

Is Lavine + Towns + Ball + DeRozan a champion? I think it at least opens the door but then you'd be completely, completely out of anything to improve. But, as OKC proved should you decide to, you can end up with like 40 picks if that's what you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bmags said:

The going rate now is 3 picks and 3 swaps. I can't remember now, I think maybe they can do 2 picks (hou + 2027?) plus 3 swaps. So they are at a disadvantage. However, I do think if you use Vuc, who has a very tradeable contract, it gets you closer. And as @Chisoxfn mentioned, there is too much overlap there. KAT is better and younger so it's a no-brainer, but if its Vuc +2 picks + 3 swaps I unno.

Is Lavine + Towns + Ball + DeRozan a champion? I think it at least opens the door but then you'd be completely, completely out of anything to improve. But, as OKC proved should you decide to, you can end up with like 40 picks if that's what you want.

I would definitely trade the farm for KAT. You just need to get enough back for Vuc. It's a shame PWill got injured. He's one of the few trade pieces with value. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I would definitely trade the farm for KAT. You just need to get enough back for Vuc. It's a shame PWill got injured. He's one of the few trade pieces with value. 

I don't know timing, but if I'm MN I would just take Vuc. I like Edwards a lot and I don't think it serves him to just rip the roster down to the studs. Vuc is worse than KAT, but he's also cheaper, aligns the franchise around edwards without issue, and you still get picks and the option to shed Vuc for something else.

Danger for a player like Vuc. He is good to great, and signed a "good" contract, which makes him a total piece of math.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man bucks are some kinda out of sorts so far. Wouldn’t be shocked if budenholzer gets a short leash. Boylen is available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love Stacey ripping Lavine for not passing the ball to an open teammate (Javonte Green) there on the fast break who was ahead of him. Lonzo then the next play does give Javonte the ball. Get the assist Zach, be unselfish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Said it in the offseason. I had a feeling Vucevic was going to be my new whipping boy. He hasn't disappointed in that aspect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Said it in the offseason. I had a feeling Vucevic was going to be my new whipping boy. He hasn't disappointed in that aspect. 

It’s easier said than done going from being the top option to being the 3rd in under one year. It is frustrating but trust they’ll find a way to make it better. He’s too good of a player to shoot mid 30%’s 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

Ayo was electric in that 4th

Seriously he has been so electric

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm on the road and couldn't watch on NBA tv cause blocked, but just saw the score and holy shit???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, fathom said:

Who broke Vucevic

He was throwing up bricks early but He looked much better in the fourth after he hit that big 3, sometimes that’s what you need to get going. Nothing but swish after that. 
 

They will have their ups and downs early in season because they are new and have a few holes but at end of day, this team is really f’n good I’m ecstatic at the turnaround in one year from management. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Quin said:

I'm on the road and couldn't watch on NBA tv cause blocked, but just saw the score and holy shit???

Getting to the point where if they are entering the fourth and are down 10 points or less you can just assume a victory, and if more than that, it's 50/50 still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really have to stop myself to realize how freaking good DeRozan has been. If the bulls didn't sign him and stopped at Caruso, they would have been lauded for their offseason ... and would have been maybe .500 this year right now.

He is so good right now, and him taking on that role of leading the bench is so clutch. Sometimes they got nothin for 5 minutes, then they go on a 20-2 run led by the rests ferocious defense.

When Vuc gets going? Let's hope he gets going, but when he gets going this is gonna be sweet.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, bmags said:

Seriously he has been so electric

Why did he fall to the second round? Serious question as I only watch the Bulls and Illini when they are good.  I watched the Illini last year and beginning to watch the Bulls this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Why did he fall to the second round? Serious question as I only watch the Bulls and Illini when they are good.  I watched the Illini last year and beginning to watch the Bulls this year.

I also was kinda checked out last year. What I read was that 1) very good draft class and 2) he had very, very poor measurables for a guard that made people question his athleticism. Not a great vertical, etc, but fast.

Which was shocking to me, because seeing how good he is on defense, you can't easily stay on quick wings and guards like him without great athleticism. The eye test didn't match up at all. 

It's pretty awesome. I am not an Illini fan, by any means, but I hope for Chicago/Illinois, there are some promising players watching seeing the electric atmosphere Ayo gets because he went to U of I to UC, and want to be a part of that. You won't get that going to Duke and finding your way to Charlotte lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×