Sign in to follow this  
bmags

2021-22 NBA Thread

Ayo emerging on the offensive end would be huge. I'm still iffy on trading White, but Ayo makes that a lot easier to stomach. 

It's only 2 games in, and I have no idea how much stock I should put into this, but Simonovic, Dotson, and Outro are all having nice starts for the Windy City Bulls. They may be able to come in and provide some depth or pieces for a trade.

I...am so confused

14 minutes ago, bmags said:

I...am so confused

He was cleared for practice yesterday. I'm guessing there are some rules of how you move players between squads to enable practicing (since he isn't technically a 2 way player)?  

Just got my tix to the Bulls - Clippers game. Am excited and hoping to finally see a Bulls win in person. Will be there Sunday and Monday (once with family and once with work). Pretty damn excited. 

Watching the Embiidless, curry-less 76ers hang with the bucks

10 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

He was cleared for practice yesterday. I'm guessing there are some rules of how you move players between squads to enable practicing (since he isn't technically a 2 way player)?  

You're all remembering him when he was on fire.  When he isn't, well, he isn't doing much good on either end of the court. Second unit scorer or trade bait.  Don'tcha like Ayo much, much better?

Year 3 for Coby, this is when many players put up or shut up.  He has his flaws but if he can increase his shooting % another 2.5% as he did last year, we are looking at a 44% shooter off the bench that can catch fire and change games.  Jamal Crawford is seen as one of, if not the best 6th man ever and he shot 41% for his career.   

Coby is practically the same size, He has the potential to get better. 

I am not a huge Coby fan - not as a PG and what they tried. However, I do think off the bench he will be pretty solid and unfortunately he didn't have an off-season due to his injury so will be interesting to see.  

9 hours ago, Stinky Stanky said:

You're all remembering him when he was on fire.  When he isn't, well, he isn't doing much good on either end of the court. Second unit scorer or trade bait.  Don'tcha like Ayo much, much better?

I don't think anyone is saying that. He's a credible shooter, and the bench needs that. Considering how BD has used DeRozan and Lavine on second units, they are the primary ballhandlers anyway. So Ayo and Coby just need to provide what they do best.

13 hours ago, Stinky Stanky said:

I think it's far too early to like Ayo much, much better than White. Ayo has played in 9 games and has 2 double digit scoring games. 

9 minutes ago, scs787 said:

I think it's far too early to like Ayo much, much better than White. Ayo has played in 9 games and has 2 double digit scoring games. 

This - I probably rippped on White more than any person on this board for the past 2 years. But he still scored 15 PPG last year while trying to learn a new position on the fly on a highly flawed roster.  I thought that had negative impact on his ability to play comfortably but on the current Bulls I think I see a much better fit as a 6th man microwave type option and I still believe he should be capable of being a solid defender (he showed it early his rookie season before turning into a total train wreck). 

Very fun game. That Lonzo bullet pass was rad

16 minutes ago, bmags said:

Very fun game. That Lonzo bullet pass was rad

Lonzo looked way more involved this game. Probably his best game yet. 

West coast trip is gonna be a real test. I'll gladly take .500 for the trip.

1 hour ago, chw42 said:

Lonzo looked way more involved this game. Probably his best game yet.

I would say the triple double game was his best both offensively and defensively but this one was definitely up there too. Can't argue that, he was phenomenal. 

Vucevic was also very good. Gotta give credit where credit is due there.

Caruso though was everywhere. Saying it now that dude is the heart and soul of this team. 

Edited by SoxAce

Another fantastic and fun game. Loved seeing Vuc olay big and use his post game later in 4th. 

Lavine, Caruso and Ball were crazy good tonight. I liked how Ball went in the paint. I hope with time Ball will learn a bit on how to improve his inside game from Demar and Lavine. 

Man the East is SO much better this year

If the Bulls go 3-2 on this road trip, are we ready to say this team is for real? What about 4-1? Do they need to add a legit big for you to consider them contenders? Do you already consider them contenders? 

Vuc in health and safety protocols 😬 

16 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Vuc in health and safety protocols 😬 

9 minutes ago, Tony said:

Fuck, just when he was starting to turn it around too. 

Figures - let me guess - someone else will get added too just in time for when I get to watch them live. I am a curse. In all seriousness hope Vuc gets better fast 

Should be a lot of Tony Bradley if Vuc misses the trip. 

18 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Figures - let me guess - someone else will get added too just in time for when I get to watch them live. I am a curse. In all seriousness hope Vuc gets better fast 

Simonivic?

ah well maybe we can sneak by on some soft opponents. Who is playing next?

23 minutes ago, bmags said:

ah well maybe we can sneak by on some soft opponents. Who is playing next?

The timing of this really couldn't be worse.