2021-22 NBA Thread

26 minutes ago, Quin said:

Looks like he can still get boards. Anyone know what his defense is like?

He rates positively in RAPTOR on defense. If his character isn't an issue, I think he's a fine fit for the team, especially since you can get him for free. 

1 hour ago, Chisoxfn said:

Didn't everything come off like a month or two ago or am I misremembering.  But yeah - I do remember him taking a noticeable jump up when I saw the brace come off.  

Yes, more just happy it’s fully healed. I figured it would be this nagging, all year thing.

I hadn’t read it on here but Williams got the pins removed from his rest right before new year and now has a much smaller cast on. Is doing dribbling and shooting. 

Recent interview fromAK said they are hoping to get him back but don’t want to rush him. Fact that he is dribbling with that hand would seem to be a great sign. 

March would be an ideal return because as we saw with White, rust will exist, especially for someone so young. Would love him starting to practice with squad in early to mid Feb get into games in early March 

6 minutes ago, scs787 said:

I think Boogie for free is worth a shot. Not sure about fit with Vooch, but if it doesn't work out, at the very least you have a guy that can limit Voochs minutes and keep him fresh. 

I wish they would have signed Biyombo, he was great with suns and just got a full year. I don’t know about bringing cousins vibes in

2 hours ago, bmags said:

I wish they would have signed Biyombo, he was great with suns and just got a full year. I don’t know about bringing cousins vibes in

I wish Giannis hype of his brother Alex, who Giannis said could be better than him, was true. He's still out there as is the taller brother. Alex is 6'8" but he's got longggg arms. 

9 minutes ago, scs787 said:

I wish Giannis hype of his brother Alex, who Giannis said could be better than him, was true. He's still out there as is the taller brother. Alex is 6'8" but he's got longggg arms. 

I feel like DJJ gives us that kinda player already.

On a side note, just unbelievably cool gesture of Demar DeRozan to go down to Champaign for Ayos jersey retirement ceremony.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

I feel like DJJ gives us that kinda player already.

On a side note, just unbelievably cool gesture of Demar DeRozan to go down to Champaign for Ayos jersey retirement ceremony.

If the team makes a trade, the one thing they'll need to nail is someone fitting in with the culture they've built.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Ayo and Coby took over this game. Bad shooting night for most of the starters and they picked up the slack. I think the bench was 20/23 at one point on FGs.

Was fun. Crazy how high scoring these Wizards games have been.

• Like 1

Fun how Vooch is settling into this role. Still missing some frustrating close shots but feels like his line has been like 18 pts 14 rebounds 5 assists and other stats stuffing.

Just a magical run right now. Feels a lot like 2011.

• Like 1

Keep hearing a lot that you can't win a title without a superstar. I feel like this team has enough talent and arguably more talent overall from some title teams. I think beating the Warriors or Suns is going to be tough no matter what but I still think we have a pretty good shot at making it to the finals.

28 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Keep hearing a lot that you can't win a title without a superstar. I feel like this team has enough talent and arguably more talent overall from some title teams. I think beating the Warriors or Suns is going to be tough no matter what but I still think we have a pretty good shot at making it to the finals.

If LaVine had the 70 point game that Booker had, he'd be viewed as a star the same way Booker is.

1 hour ago, Quin said:

If LaVine had the 70 point game that Booker had, he'd be viewed as a star the same way Booker is.

Is Booker really viewed as better than LaVine at this point? They're pretty much equals. I'd still rather have LaVine because of his superior athleticism. 

2 hours ago, ron883 said:

Is Booker really viewed as better than LaVine at this point? They're pretty much equals. I'd still rather have LaVine because of his superior athleticism. 

LaVine might be finally getting respect now that the Bulls are winning, but Booker's 70 point game and finals run combined with LaVine's getting (wrongfully) accused of empty stats has made people view Booker as better.

1 hour ago, scs787 said:

What makes a player a superstar? How many superstars are there in the league? 

Perennial All-NBA / MVP are the only tangible things I could say.