2021-22 NBA Thread

What a come back. The Clippers committed some dumbass fouls at the end of regulation. Patrick Williams came up huge in OT. DeMar was amazing. 

This win probably makes sure the Bulls don't play in the play-in tournament. Cleveland is now 3 games back with 5 to play. Win 2 of the last 5 and we're in. 

• Like 1

I still go back to - derozan has been great but he has became way too iso and totally needs to make adjustments to drive better flow in the offense. I don’t get why Jones Jr and Brown are completely relegated to bench these days either. Especially Jones Jr. 

18 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I still go back to - derozan has been great but he has became way too iso and totally needs to make adjustments to drive better flow in the offense. I don’t get why Jones Jr and Brown are completely relegated to bench these days either. Especially Jones Jr. 

I thought I caught a glimpse of DJJ in street clothes?  Could the finger still be an issue?

5 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

It was fun while it lasted - but this team is no good again. And Ball out for the season. 

Maybe we can win a game or 2 against Boston, but we're not making it out of the first round at this rate. 

I think with the Bulls clinching - they should sit everyone. Let Caruso's back heal. Given Lavine more time. Don't play Derozan in a back to back. Maybe play Vuc cause he sucks lately and needs the minutes. I would play Williams and the bench guys a bunch to see if they can get in a groove, but basically I'm seeing if I can somehow spark something out of those 2nd unit guys at this point while giving extra rest to my main players.  Who cares about anything else - just take the 6 seed and move on.  

Short of some miraculous playoff run, I don't know how the FO runs it back next year with this same group.  I can't recall a team crashing & burning so hard after flying so high earlier in the season.  Adding a rim protector and a few minimum salary shooters isn't going to solve this.  There has to be some accountability somewhere, be it a coaching change, trading Vuc+ for a difference maker, or something.  Mortgaging the near future for Vuc and a facade of respectability means jack shit if they merely blame injuries and fail to fix the deeper issues, whatever they might be.

2 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Short of some miraculous playoff run, I don't know how the FO runs it back next year with this same group.  I can't recall a team crashing & burning so hard after flying so high earlier in the season.  Adding a rim protector and a few minimum salary shooters isn't going to solve this.  There has to be some accountability somewhere, be it a coaching change, trading Vuc+ for a difference maker, or something.  Mortgaging the near future for Vuc and a facade of respectability means jack shit if they merely blame injuries and fail to fix the deeper issues, whatever they might be.

Lonzo Ball doesn't fix this team. They're playing like a bottom 5 team since the ASB. 

I think there's some chemistry issues or maybe Donovan has completely lost the locker room. There's no defense being played at all. Charlotte was shooting 70% in the first half last night. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Lonzo Ball doesn't fix this team. They're playing like a bottom 5 team since the ASB. 

I think there's some chemistry issues or maybe Donovan has completely lost the locker room. There's no defense being played at all. Charlotte was shooting 70% in the first half last night. 

Yeah, Lonzo being out half the season isn't the reason why they have collapsed.  He really is a great catalyst, but his play likely masked deeper issues.  

I am looking square at Billy Donovan myself.  I'm not Xs & Os expert, but I have no idea what offense they are trying to run.  Or if he ever truly got the buy-in from Demar and Zach on what he wanted to do.  Whatever it is, it doesn't work.  I think Zach & DD can work as a pairing, but letting them take turns in ISO won't win big games.  More Vuc down low and more 3 point shooters doesn't fix it either.  Though they desperately need more reliable 3 point shooting.

On the defensive side, it's even worse.  Zero point of attack D, zero rim protection, slow rotations, and zero adjustments from the coaching staff.  Frankly, they quit trying a while ago.  I won't go so far as to say that the team has outright quit on the season because they do care on some level, but the effort has been atrocious on both ends for a while.  Teams have really figured out what they Bulls try to do, and that was pretty limited to begin with, and we don't see wholesale changes let alone meaningful adjustments.  I don't know what the fix is, but they can't blame injury and put a band-aid over this meteoric collapse and call it an offseason.

• Like 1