2021-22 NBA Thread

6 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Can you challenge that? The foul they called was on Williams after this. He can challenge that. But can he challenge a non-call on Giannis? 

I took a look at the rule book and it says you can't challenge non-calls. 

Challenge Pat's foul, maybe the refs take a harder look at Giannis?

Also, at the very least, challenge the call on Zach when Middleton drew the charge.

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

Challenge Pat's foul, maybe the refs take a harder look at Giannis?

Also, at the very least, challenge the call on Zach when Middleton drew the charge.

Yeah that makes a lot more sense to challenge. 

54 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Yeah that makes a lot more sense to challenge. 

Yeah - that was a really poor charge call - Middleton was really moving and unset.  In general though - it all goes back to what I have been saying for 2 months - Derozan went from a very unselfish player to a complete and utter ball hog over the past couple months and it has been a disaster. So much stagnation etc.  

4 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Yeah - that was a really poor charge call - Middleton was really moving and unset.  In general though - it all goes back to what I have been saying for 2 months - Derozan went from a very unselfish player to a complete and utter ball hog over the past couple months and it has been a disaster. So much stagnation etc.  

I actually thought the movement in game 1 was much better, they generated a ton of open 3s but just cannot hit them. Also man tristan thompson was the worst signing. Just absolutely miserable as soon as he sets foot on the court.

I was just happy it was competitive and they had a shot to win. Really difficult time now for two years where suddenly the all star break hits and its this completely lethargic, terrible team that is a 180 from a fun team prior. And it's completely different players this year, not sure why these epic collapses have occurred like this.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

I actually thought the movement in game 1 was much better, they generated a ton of open 3s but just cannot hit them. Also man tristan thompson was the worst signing. Just absolutely miserable as soon as he sets foot on the court.

I was just happy it was competitive and they had a shot to win. Really difficult time now for two years where suddenly the all star break hits and its this completely lethargic, terrible team that is a 180 from a fun team prior. And it's completely different players this year, not sure why these epic collapses have occurred like this.

2nd straight year - I go from watching nearly every game to almost no games in the 2nd half (I Would start watching games in 2nd half - see all kinds of things that were self inflected and just roll my eyes and shift to something else cause they were such an un-fun watch (it isn't about the W/L - it is about how entertaining the watch is).  

I will agree ball movement was a bit better - but you just see how when it goes to Derozan there is very little movement. I was glad, as poorly as Vuc shot, that they gave him that many shots. If they are to win this series, they need to get Vuc the touches that he is putting up a lot of shots. If he does that - than the rest of the offense should naturally flow better.  

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

2nd straight year - I go from watching nearly every game to almost no games in the 2nd half (I Would start watching games in 2nd half - see all kinds of things that were self inflected and just roll my eyes and shift to something else cause they were such an un-fun watch (it isn't about the W/L - it is about how entertaining the watch is).  

I will agree ball movement was a bit better - but you just see how when it goes to Derozan there is very little movement. I was glad, as poorly as Vuc shot, that they gave him that many shots. If they are to win this series, they need to get Vuc the touches that he is putting up a lot of shots. If he does that - than the rest of the offense should naturally flow better.  

You could squint and see some of the first half bulls. Not doing that "if lonzo was here" but the first half bulls esp of December were a bit of everyone inserting their own flavor. Caruso created a loose ball in like 4 straight possessions in the 4th yesterday and felt like the bulls only converted one of those breaks into points. What does that look like with Lonzo there?

I hope there is still some bit of that team fight in there. But if nothing else hope I never see TT as a bull again. 

8 minutes ago, bmags said:

You could squint and see some of the first half bulls. Not doing that "if lonzo was here" but the first half bulls esp of December were a bit of everyone inserting their own flavor. Caruso created a loose ball in like 4 straight possessions in the 4th yesterday and felt like the bulls only converted one of those breaks into points. What does that look like with Lonzo there?

I hope there is still some bit of that team fight in there. But if nothing else hope I never see TT as a bull again. 

I agree - I saw some hope, with the exception of Derozan.  Part of that was his shooting was bad - but just watch the game closely and look at what the rest of the Bulls do when Derozan gets the ball (especially Lavine).  There were mutliple times yesterday where all Derozan had to do was make a quick pass and you had Lavine/Vuc wide open for 3.  Not saying either of them would have made the shots.  The defense though got better and looked much more like shades of the good Bulls team for this season vs. another.  

31 minutes ago, bmags said:

Lonzo's such a massive key to this team, but also big shoutouts to DJJ (like you called a few months ago). I was shocked and relieved to see him get burn last night.

Refs really tried to give the Bucks that game. Vuc was actually awesome. DeMar was amazing, and Zach made some timely 3s. I would have liked to see some better defense late in the game. There were way too many easy baskets in the paint for the Bucks. Once Vuc got into foul trouble for the 2 BS calls on him in the span of a minute, the defense was not the same. 

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Refs really tried to give the Bucks that game. Vuc was actually awesome. DeMar was amazing, and Zach made some timely 3s. I would have liked to see some better defense late in the game. There were way too many easy baskets in the paint for the Bucks. Once Vuc got into foul trouble for the 2 BS calls on him in the span of a minute, the defense was not the same. 

This - the officiating was awful. But Caruso was nails (other than I needed one of those 3s to fall)…but man that d was so nice. Looked a lot more like the fun Bulls from the first half. And yes - with Vuc in foul trouble they ceded the paint late. 

Don’t stop now boys!!! Let’s go Bulls!!! 

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

This - the officiating was awful. But Caruso was nails (other than I needed one of those 3s to fall)…but man that d was so nice. Looked a lot more like the fun Bulls from the first half. And yes - with Vuc in foul trouble they ceded the paint late. 

Don’t stop now boys!!! Let’s go Bulls!!! 

Defense fucking came to play. 

And shout out Paw for some big plays on offense (I was praying for him to nail the dagger).