2021-22 NBA Thread

4 hours ago, chw42 said:

Narrator: No he was not

You forgot the best/worst part.

Kyrie is acting like not giving up $30M to playing basketball for a certain team is daring to be different and leading us into tomorrow.

• Haha 1

Just now, Quin said:

You forgot the best/worst part.

Kyrie is acting like not giving up $30M to playing basketball for a certain team is daring to be different and leading us into tomorrow.

Kyrie thinks he's Elon Musk now...

14 minutes ago, bmags said:

Ah I see it was a Jake Fischer Report

Bamba also isn't getting the QO from Orlando, so he's an unrestricted FA. I think he seems like an ok fit on paper given that he can shoot the 3 and protect the rim, but his defense still isn't all that good considering his physical tools. I've seen that he kind of gets bullied down low by more physical players, which is the exact problem we already have with Vucevic. 

42 minutes ago, bmags said:

Suddenly everyone talking about Mo Bamba to bulls but I can’t find origin

He is young and long - so from that perspective fits some of the Bulls needs and should have a bit of upside still.  That said - I'll just quietly sit back and see what they do.  Either way - I think by next off-season we'll see a pretty big fundamental shake-up to the team (i.e., a move for a bigger / big time star or some refresh to get assets back in play to do a quick pivot).  

31 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Bamba also isn't getting the QO from Orlando, so he's an unrestricted FA. I think he seems like an ok fit on paper given that he can shoot the 3 and protect the rim, but his defense still isn't all that good considering his physical tools. I've seen that he kind of gets bullied down low by more physical players, which is the exact problem we already have with Vucevic. 

gotcha. Unimpressed with Bamba's rebounding numbers as well.

How good of a judge is defensive rating? Specifically on Stat muse. Vuc actually ranked 9th among centers. Just a hair behind Clint Capella for 8th. I really think he can be a starter on title contender.  

The key to this team will always be Patrick Williams....Can he be a starting 4 on a title team? If not, I'm looking to upgrade him more than I am Vuc. 

Williams going through the Kobe off-season workout with DDR hopefully pays off. 

41 minutes ago, scs787 said:

How good of a judge is defensive rating? Specifically on Stat muse. Vuc actually ranked 9th among centers. Just a hair behind Clint Capella for 8th. I really think he can be a starter on title contender.  

The key to this team will always be Patrick Williams....Can he be a starting 4 on a title team? If not, I'm looking to upgrade him more than I am Vuc. 

Williams going through the Kobe off-season workout with DDR hopefully pays off. 

Eh, it depends. Vucevic got picked on a lot last year in pick and roll. Teams specifically went after him. DRtg takes blocks and defensive rebounds heavily into account for a player's defensive ratings. Being one of the only big men on the team last year, he obviously got a lot of defensive boards, so his Drtg might be slightly skewed. Vucevic's box score RAPTOR was actually positive defensively because of his blocks and defensive boards. But he was a negative defensively according to BPM, since the Bulls actually did better defensively without him on the court. Also, if you watched the Bulls at all last year post ASB, you can tell Vucevic was getting killed by other teams on a nightly basis. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bmags said:

Bulls need shooting, as every team does, but have so little resources to do it. 

Bulls are interested in Gallinari, according to KC Johnson. They're also interested in Andre Drummond for the vet min. 

Gallinari fixes the shooting issues, but his defense is a huge problem. I'm sure playing on the Hawks didn't help him, but he's been a negative defensive player for a while. He did play with Donovan in OKC, so I can see the connection there. 

Drummond is a nice value on the vet min, but you can't play him along side Vucevic and he's a defense only guy. IMO, Gallinari is a huge overpay for the MLE. You're basically paying for the name and not the production. It seems like such a Garpax move. 

Edited by chw42

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Jerry gonna Jerry. 

I'd rather pay for Bamba than Gallinari. At least Bamba has room to grow. At the worst he ends up a lot like Lauri that can actually blocks some shots.