2021-22 NBA Thread

54 minutes ago, scs787 said:

How far are they from the tax? Had Galinari chose the Bulls, would that have put them over? 

At the rumored price they would have gone slightly over, but I'm sure they could have traded Coby and taken a few million less in salary back to duck the tax. 

1 hour ago, chw42 said:

At the rumored price they would have gone slightly over, but I'm sure they could have traded Coby and taken a few million less in salary back to duck the tax. 

Soooo have they said they wanna stay under or are we assuming cuz Jerry? 

4 hours ago, scs787 said:

Soooo have they said they wanna stay under or are we assuming cuz Jerry? 

The lack of pursuit of guys in the full MLE range tells me they want/have to stay under.  But its a pretty safe assumption with JR.

Looking at the summer league roster, as I do every year and foolishly get overhyped about something,  Makur Maker is very mildly interesting. 

Maker, cousin of Thon, is the first top 15 recruit to ever commit to a HBCU.  He only put up 11/6 at Howard, but you have to wonder if teams were just consistently doubling him or if the level of basketball hindered him somehow. 

From what little highlights I saw, he may have some upside. 

3 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Does Dragic have anything left at all?

https://www.si.com/nba/mavericks/news/dallas-mavs-luka-doncic-goran-dragic-slovenia-free-agency

Article said Dragic was expected to play in Dallas with Luka....

Can we please get a Luka to Chicago rumor because he's upset they didn't sign Dragic? Force your way out Luka! 

Edited by scs787

51 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I hope AK is on the phone with Isaiah Roby’s agent to pick him up quick.  Could be a quality backup of option/depth piece. 

He's a really good fit for what the Bulls need. Dump Tony Bradley for him. I saw they might be able to use the TPE to get him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chw42 said:

He's a really good fit for what the Bulls need. Dump Tony Bradley for him. I saw they might be able to use the TPE to get him.

If they can trade for him using their TPE that would be ideal.  Bradley or Marko can go to make room.

43 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

This - would be an excellent move. Probably their best one of the off-season. 

I'm really surprised he was released. I guess OKC does have a lot of raw talent. I really, really hope they'd consider using the TPE to get him (which puts them over the luxury cap I assume). Maybe they'd dump Coby for him. 

31 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Saw some fans clamoring for him. 

I wanted him until I read a pacers fan account of his injury last year. If he passes this physical then maybe it'll be a regret, but seemed like he's really struggling coming back from his injury. Honestly a bit like Ball except they've been a bit more honest about setbacks there.

11 hours ago, scs787 said:

Alright...I'm going there..... What about Melo? 

it would be a good idea but I'm assuming guy ends up in a miami/la location.

Such a bummer of an offseason.