8/3 Game Thread Sox vs Royals 7:10 1st pitch

14 minutes ago, XplodingScorbord said:

I don’t mean to be insulting towards the man, but what is the point of Jake Lamb on this team at this point?

There really isn’t any. He doesn’t play his natural position, hits left-handed (like Goodwin and Sheets), and can’t really play the OF. I’m just guessing they won’t cut him yet and going off of what a poster said yesterday (I’ll find it later) about Robert not playing OF back to back days yet. I kinda doubt he comes back today (if at all this week).

Edited by manbearpuig

August is the worst month, just killing time waiting for the opportunity to clinch in September and the playoffs. Yawn. Play around .500 and get folks healthy. 

How about a Go Fund Me to buy Jose some armor? Bubble wrap Eloy? 

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

August is the worst month, just killing time waiting for the opportunity to clinch in September and the playoffs. Yawn. Play around .500 and get folks healthy. 

How about a Go Fund Me to buy Jose some armor? Bubble wrap Eloy? 

Oh you just inspired a great idea. You know how Jose won't wear the elbow guard like a lot of hitters because it feels uncomfortable to him. Then there are those air splints used for injuries and there is bubble wrap to protect stuff sent in packages.  There should be some product kind of halfway between  an air splint and bubble wrap that  would work like one of those nyoprene knee braces. So for an elbow guard you have smaller pockets of air  rather than bigger pockets so its more flexible and slide it up to your elbow like a brace. Basically a brace with air pockets like bubble wrap only stronger than bubble wrap on the part facing the pitcher Probably not as much protection as a solid hard plastic shield you strap onto the arm but for those looking for something more comfortable with better protection than just a nyoprene brace it could work.  You could have wrists bands too. Do any new types of shoulder pads use any type of air cushioning ?

20 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Oh you just inspired a great idea. You know how Jose won't wear the elbow guard like a lot of hitters because it feels uncomfortable to him. Then there are those air splints used for injuries and there is bubble wrap to protect stuff sent in packages.  There should be some product kind of halfway between  an air splint and bubble wrap that  would work like one of those nyoprene knee braces. So for an elbow guard you have smaller pockets of air  rather than bigger pockets so its more flexible and slide it up to your elbow like a brace. Basically a brace with air pockets like bubble wrap only stronger than bubble wrap on the part facing the pitcher Probably not as much protection as a solid hard plastic shield you strap onto the arm but for those looking for something more comfortable with better protection than just a nyoprene brace it could work.  You could have wrists bands too. Do any new types of shoulder pads use any type of air cushioning ?

These have been around for years. They can increase or decrease the air in them as well for player comfort. Not real popular though.

• Thanks 1