It's not Robert, it's Lamb. It's not Lamb, it's Foster. It's not Foster, it's Lamb.

southsider2k5

• Heads22 changed the title to It's not Robert, it's Lamb. It's not Lamb, it's Foster.
19 minutes ago, Sambuca said:

Goodwin and Sheets, please.  

I like Sheets more, but I don't think Lamb is an indefensible choice here at all. Lamb is a veteran who, when healthy, has a longer track record of hitting RHP, and he looked good so far this year. If you choose Lamb, you can play him through August. If Lamb turns into a pumpkin or gets injured again, you can always DFA him then and bring back Sheets. But if you choose Sheets and he hits a rookie wall or gets injured, Lamb is gone. You retain more flexibility by choosing Lamb over Sheets for now, plus it gives Sheets daily at-bats in AAA.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Capital G said:

Rest Eloy and keep Robert in rehab until the weekend series in my opinion. 

IF you're resting Eloy until Friday, just IL him and get another body up here.  Since they haven't done that, I would suspect we'll see him in this Royals series. 

27 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

Lamb over Sheets for now, plus it gives Sheets daily at-bats in AAA.

My own opinion, strictly as a fan, is that AAA at bats are not as consequential or as competitive as major league at-bats. Further, I think Sheets progress might actually be hindered by demoting him.  If he had a lot of swing and miss early in counts and looked clueless at the plate. that would be different. Instead Sheets looks like he is tracking pitches pretty well and has some thunder in his bat. I would keep him on the major league 26 man roster  over Goodwin and certainly Lamb, but again, I'm just a fan watching the games.

Edited by tray

1 hour ago, maloney.adam said:

This actually makes a lot of sense.  We don't KNOW that Eloy is healthy, or that any of these injuries won't relapse, or that someone else won't get hurt in the in term.  Why waste a potential asset until we absolutely have to do so.