It's not Robert, it's Lamb. It's not Lamb, it's Foster. It's not Foster, it's Lamb.

southsider2k5

16 hours ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

I much prefer the Chicago songs written by Robert Lamm to those written by David Foster.

Those Lamm songs were classic Chicago . Foster is more a love songs type of guy and Chicago was a much different band by then. Early Chicago will always be the best Chicago.

20 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

It does look that way, but then what the heck is he doing on this roster?  With Sheets here (as he should be) Lamb is redundant.

Completely agree. I think they're just scared to punt him.  We're a Goodwin or Sheets injury away from being super duper short on lefty bats again.  I think they'll just option Sheets for Robert and trying to make it til 9/1. Then call up Sheets and Zavala (goes does when Yaz comes back). Would be nice to have another arm in the pen, but I would think they'd want a 3rd catcher, and I don't see them not brining Sheets back.  

Edit: but that doesn't include Billy, who I think they'd want.  So honestly, not sure.  Guessing they're just trying to keep him in the org in case they need him, but the more I think about it, his roster spot is much better used elsewhere.  

Edited by ChiSox59

17 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Completely agree. I think they're just scared to punt him.  We're a Goodwin or Sheets injury away from being super duper short on lefty bats again.  I think they'll just option Sheets for Robert and trying to make it til 9/1. Then call up Sheets and Zavala (goes does when Yaz comes back). Would be nice to have another arm in the pen, but I would think they'd want a 3rd catcher, and I don't see them not brining Sheets back.  

Edit: but that doesn't include Billy, who I think they'd want.  So honestly, not sure.  Guessing they're just trying to keep him in the org in case they need him, but the more I think about it, his roster spot is much better used elsewhere.  

I think Sheets goes down when Robert is back, and I think Lamb gets some starts before the end of August when the Sox will ultimately decide whether Lamb or Sheets gets that LH bat spot on the playoff roster. I think Hamilton stays on the IL until rosters expand and he becomes the 14th position player on the playoff roster when they can cut back to 12 pitchers.

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

I would think Sheets wouldn't get the call due to lack of at bats, even from the left side. Probably Hamilton and a catcher. Assuming no more injuries.

Edit: unless Sheets is replacing Lamb of course.

Edited by manbearpuig

On 8/5/2021 at 10:26 AM, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Those Lamm songs were classic Chicago . Foster is more a love songs type of guy and Chicago was a much different band by then. Early Chicago will always be the best Chicago.