2022 White Sox Schedule released

TheTruth05

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I am a huge fan.  We went on a Windsor/Toronto/Niagara trip for our honeymoon.  It was a great trip, and we loved it.  Stay at the hotel at the ballpark for sure, get a field view room, even if the team isn't in town.

If you want to catch other ballparks, you can catch Detroit on the way if you go the Canadian route, or Cleveland if you come back the toll road.

I am getting more and more excited about this idea...I better start figuring out the logistics...it might be hard to get tix for the defending World Series Champs even on the road. :cool:

3 hours ago, TheTruth05 said:

Sox are going West

Gah, I just moved to AZ and was pretty sure it would be West in 2022, but unfortunate for me the Diamondbacks are playing in Chicago. Damn it, now I need to wait 3 years maybe for the Sox to play here. 

Now I wish they'd expand interleague a little bit more...

13 minutes ago, South Sider said:

Gah, I just moved to AZ and was pretty sure it would be West in 2022, but unfortunate for me the Diamondbacks are playing in Chicago. Damn it, now I need to wait 3 years maybe for the Sox to play here. 

I hear Spring Training is fun!!  You get that every year.

If I don't take classes next summer, my road game options are going to be KC, NY, TOR, TB, DET, HOU, LA, SF, CLE, MIN, COL, TEX

Might do my first ever solo trip. Toronto is appealing given that the drinking age is 19. Probably should start the process of getting a passport now.

2 hours ago, South Sider said:

Looking at the whole season at once really shines a light on the unbalanced schedule.  Maybe they could pare it back just a little bit (in the future, obv.).

12 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

If I don't take classes next summer, my road game options are going to be KC, NY, TOR, TB, DET, HOU, LA, SF, CLE, MIN, COL, TEX

Might do my first ever solo trip. Toronto is appealing given that the drinking age is 19. Probably should start the process of getting a passport now.

SoxTalk road trip! 

Also IF we are really really lucky either the Bulls or Blackhawks could be in Toronto the same time.

Looking forward to seeing them in Colorado and likely San Fran. I do think the royals or tigers take steps forward all the while the twins and Cleveland step further back so it'll round out but the Central should be wide open for the Sox.

19 hours ago, DoUEvenShift said:

SoxTalk road trip! 

Also IF we are really really lucky either the Bulls or Blackhawks could be in Toronto the same time.

If the NBA and NHL both go back to their normal schedules, the Sox will be in Toronto the same time those leagues are in their conference finals. Impossible for the Hawks to be there then and a Bulls-Raptors conference final seems awfully unlikely.

5 hours ago, reiks12 said:

3 series to start the season in the cold north, ill never understand that

Between the heavily weighted division schedules, the fact that teams want their home openers within the 7-10 days, and the majority of AL teams in colder / non domed stadiums, hard to get around this.

Teams and players want a balanced mix of home and away games throughout the season, and this schedule accomplishes this.

54 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Between the heavily weighted division schedules, the fact that teams want their home openers within the 7-10 days, and the majority of AL teams in colder / non domed stadiums, hard to get around this.

Teams and players want a balanced mix of home and away games throughout the season, and this schedule accomplishes this.

Also, April is the most likely month to have rainouts, so you want as many division games as possible because they are easier to schedule makeup games.

• Like 1

Just now, soxfan49 said:

I've been to a game in Toronto but it wasn't vs the Sox. Like @Dick Allen said, that city reminds me of Chicago. The people are nice & imo the park itself is underrated

I am already planning my route....including a trip to Niagara Falls that was suggested earlier in the thread....my son is very excited and my better half is thinking about coming too.  I am pumped up about this trip.  Thanks for giving it another thumbs up.

15 minutes ago, wegner said:

I am already planning my route....including a trip to Niagara Falls that was suggested earlier in the thread....my son is very excited and my better half is thinking about coming too.  I am pumped up about this trip.  Thanks for giving it another thumbs up.

Niagara Falls is fucking sweet. I've been twice. My only regret is both times I skipped ziplining over the falls. Next time, if there is a next time, I'm definitely doing it

• Love 1

2 hours ago, wegner said:

If you are going that way - you may want to put Cooperstown on your list. Did Toronto and New York with Cooperstown and Niagara falls 21 years ago and it was awesome. Cooperstown (hopefully it hasn’t changed) is absolutely special. 

1 hour ago, Chisoxfn said:

If you are going that way - you may want to put Cooperstown on your list. Did Toronto and New York with Cooperstown and Niagara falls 21 years ago and it was awesome. Cooperstown (hopefully it hasn’t changed) is absolutely special. 

I'm gonna need to take some more time off...thanks for a great idea.

On 8/4/2021 at 2:09 PM, wegner said:

Looking to plan to see a game on the road in 2022...anyone been to a game in Toronto??

The city is fun, the stadium was pretty lame imo. Its probably better when there is a good crowd, but being in a quiet dome made for a weird baseball experience 

On 8/6/2021 at 3:22 PM, soxfan49 said:

I've been to a game in Toronto but it wasn't vs the Sox. Like @Dick Allen said, that city reminds me of Chicago. The people are nice & imo the park itself is underrated

It is a great city. Been to a few there. Be sure to hit the hockey HOF too.

58 minutes ago, joejoedairy said:

The city is fun, the stadium was pretty lame imo. Its probably better when there is a good crowd, but being in a quiet dome made for a weird baseball experience 

Never been to a baseball game in a dome....excited about the city though from all the feedback I've gotten here.  Thanks.