Z.Collins receives online death threats

caulfield12

36 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

More often than not, it's someone who lost a huge bet on the game.

Someone else pinned it on ire over fantasy baseball stats…there goes the Giolito extension.   But wouldn’t his dad be more vocal about this on Twitter if Lucas was targeted?

Edited by caulfield12

29 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Someone else pinned it on ire over fantasy baseball stats…there goes the Giolito extension.   But wouldn’t his dad be more vocal about this on Twitter if Lucas was targeted?

I guess I was including fantasy baseball under the umbrella of losing a big bet. I haven't seen any confirmation that it was Giolito, but I can't think of anybody else who would be a target.

25 minutes ago, That funky motion said:

I thought he was referring to the Astro/Dodgers series. 

No disrespect meant --  but how do you have 2480 posts and and 1 rep. It had to be purged by a mod or something right??

Edit: Nvm - see how old your account is, I assume almost all your posts are "pre-rep"

Edited by DoUEvenShift

15 hours ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

My brother is a pro athlete in another sport. I read absolutely nothing online/social media about him or his team because online sports fans can be so aggressive. Fortunately, he's well liked by his team's fan base and that fan base is generally nice, but many other athletes are not as lucky. Of course, even if 97% of comments are positive, it's human nature to have that negative 3% stuck in your head. I think a lot of pro athletes suffer from mental health because of toxic online fans. 

Another thing is there's women (called puck bunnies in hockey, not sure what they're called in other sports) who congregate on sites like Tumblr to "gossip" (more like invade) the personal lives of athletes. They literally make shit up about the athlete's (and sometimes the SO) personal life that's defamatory. 

I’ve had a couple buckle bunnies in my day, lol. Women who follow rodeos riders in case anyone wanted to know. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DoUEvenShift said:

No disrespect meant --  but how do you have 2480 posts and and 1 rep. It had to be purged by a mod or something right??

Edit: Nvm - see how old your account is, I assume almost all your posts are "pre-rep"

Not everybody can garner site-wide love and have an elite rep-to-post ratio like myself. He might just be a septic-tier poster. 

On 8/5/2021 at 7:51 AM, RG23SoxFan said:

The guy plays hard and I am sure he would like to succeed just as much as any fan would like him to.  I don't understand the constant criticism of his catching skills or lack thereof,  it is one thing to make a critical comment or two and it's another to beat a dead horse.  He doesn't appear to have the skills to be a MLB catcher, we all get it.  Do you really need to kick a guy when he is down?

You're too nice to post here ;)

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

If Giolito is going to not sign somewhere because of dipshits on the internet he may have to consider retirement. 

• Like 1