8/5 White Sox vs Royals 7:10 pm

Kyyle23

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

What's strange is that Moncada looks athletic playing the field. But then you watch him hit and the bat speed is gone and it's as if his legs are in quick sand

Especially from the right side, he has no explosiveness in his swing.  I know what WAR says, but he has to get better.

Royals if they won tonight would have a winning record at GRF of 5-4 and tied 8-8 on the season series...don't we have one of the top home winning percentages in baseball, along with the Giants?

Not that we should expect to lose after the way we destroyed Lynch earlier in the season, but seems he's found a more comfortable range of 93-96 mph rather than trying to throw everything at max velocity.

Jimenez, fwiw, now 2/20 with that one key homer against KC.

First perfect inning of the game for Dallas.  He gives you a couple like that somewhere in the game and you start to squint and imagine if just might be serviceable despite that contract then implodes again.

Edited by caulfield12

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Especially from the right side, he has no explosiveness in his swing.  I know what WAR says, but he has to get better.

That applies to pretty much the entire core right now, agreed. Vaughn and Lynn are the only guys producing as you'd expect them to right now.

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Well, the idiot Royals' announcers on radio just said the Field of Games was in Dyersville, INDIANA.

I mean, it's not like KC is THAT far from the Iowa border.   

Ironically it’s actually Dyer.

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic