Sox at Cubs, 1:20

Bob Sacamano

7 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Hernandez has probably been our 2nd best hitter so far and getting on base well so let's drop him to 8th. 

It's to roll the order and not have three consecutive likely outs at the bottom with seby Engel and pitcher.  It's not a bad decision 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Lmao dude come on, stop being chicken little already

I just don't like what I'm seeing from the the middle of the order and Tony is tinkering too much now.  I'm still confident of a division title but this team isn't going to do anything in the playoffs unless the stars start playing like stars.

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I just don't like what I'm seeing from the the middle of the order and Tony is tinkering too much now.  I'm still confident of a division title but this team isn't going to do anything in the playoffs unless the stars start playing like stars.

BOLD!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Got 2 months still until the playoffs.  Yes, if our offense is playing like this in October we’re not going anywhere but we have plenty of time before that’s an issue.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

Got 2 months still until the playoffs.  Yes, if our offense is playing like this in October we’re not going anywhere but we have plenty of time before that’s an issue.  

Right get everyone back, figure out what you want your lineup to be vs RHP and LHP and don't tinker much (except for the obvious off days) unless you have to try something new.

Edited by manbearpuig

Also, it’s still a stupid small sample size but Engel has been better against rhp in 2020 and 2021.  I agree that I wouldn’t have moved Cesar down at the moment with the way he’s been hitting but I’m not shying away from it being Engel against a rhp either.

1 minute ago, manbearpuig said:

Right get everyone back, figure out what you want your lineup to be vs RHP and LHP and don't tinker much (except for the obvious off days) unless you have to try something new.

Yes. Get everyone healthy and some regression to the mean would mean the offense is going to eventually explode in a good way. 

14 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Thanks for your sarcastic reply but truth spoken is truth spoken obvious or otherwise.

But dude. Everybody gets it.  Saying the offense needs to get their shit together is like saying water is wet

34 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Yea I know, every time something bad happens the sky is falling around you.