Sox at Cubs, 1:20

Bob Sacamano

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

Said it before, I just do not trust him in the playoffs. Thank god they picked up Kimbrel if the going gets tough (today not withstanding).

Yep, Kimbrel is going to be just fine. 

Every Debbie Downer in this board is going to be so thrilled when Kimbrel and Hendricks are going back to back come playoffs. 

Be worried about getting Kopech right and Bummer at 100%.  

2 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Yep, Kimbrel is going to be just fine. 

Every Debbie Downer in this board is going to be so thrilled when Kimbrel and Hendricks are going back to back come playoffs. 

Be worried about getting Kopech right and Bummer at 100%.  

Any klues on Kopech. 

2 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Eh, great win. Offense picked up the team in the end. B good folks!

I don’t want Kimbrel losing any sort of confidence. We need him. The offense played well today even if they put up 4 through 9. Especially against a tough arm like Kyle. 

2 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

I don’t want Kimbrel losing any sort of confidence. We need him. The offense played well today even if they put up 4 through 9. Especially against a tough arm like Kyle. 

If LaRussa is not the worst manager in history, Kimbrel will pitch tomorrow. Regardless of the circumstances. And he won’t show it outwardly, but he will have an extra gear.

5 hours ago, Dan of Steel said:

Halle fuckin lujah!

Why has almost every game over the past month been like pulling teeth with this team!?

Can we please win some without giving the fan base a fucking coronary?

How many times have we hit and pitched well in the same game since the break? 

Edited by SonofaRoache

3 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

How many times have we hit and pitched well in the same game since the break? 

Since the all star break the white Sox have the 13th best ERA in baseball and 26th best OPS. That means…not many.

Both of those are significantly worse than their averages from the first half.

13 hours ago, chw42 said:

Seriously, what did Cesar do to get dropped from the 2 spot? If anything he's actually been one of the guys that's been hitting the ball. 

That is another TLR inexplicable decision.  In the MLB broadcast they said TLR was saying he wanted to try a new lineup to see how it went.  Hard to understand.TLR has been going righty lefty matchup all season but the line up today had no lefty batters other than two switch hitters. You figure..

Sox have become a ground ball machine in a home run friendly.  Can’t get the ball in the air when we need a sacrifice fly, can’t move the runners over, hitting into so many double plays.  I keep insisting we need to hit and run more, what do we  have to lose with our very high ground ball rate particularly with Abreu. TLR needs to adjust strategies.

14 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Sox have become a ground ball machine in a home run friendly.  Can’t get the ball in the air when we need a sacrifice fly, can’t move the runners over, hitting into so many double plays.  I keep insisting we need to hit and run more, what do we  have to lose with our very high ground ball rate particularly with Abreu. TLR needs to adjust strategies.

IMO calling for hit and runs isn't the way to go. He needs to tell the guys to hit more home runs and not hit grounders. Call for the swing-for-the-fences more often. That will solve the double play problem.