Best bars to watch the games this weekend?

Colome's Hat

Hi.  Long time lurker, first time poster.  Posting here because I'm in Chicago from New York for the next week and am a die hard White Sox fan.  Was looking for places to watch the Cubs-Sox games this weekend.  Any bars in particular that people might recommend.  Ideally, this would be a place that has outdoor seating and televisions outdoors as I'm staying with someone who is pretty high risk and want to be extra cautious, although as someone who is vaccinated, if I have to go indoors I can.  Also excuse the name.  I signed up for an account last year but never got around till posting now.  But I always had a fascination with Alex Colome and the way he positioned his hat (and he was a damn good closer here before he imploded for the Twins which makes him a White Sox legend in my book).  Anyways, if anybody has any recommendations, that would be sweet.  I haven't really lived in Chicago for about 15 years and so I'm a bit out of the loop.  Cheers and what a great time it is to be alive and watching White Sox baseball.  This is everything I could have hoped for during that rebuild.

I guess it depends where you want to watch ... I'd say Beverly if you're up for it - just pick a bar on Western. Cork and Kerry? Bridgeport obviously. On the Northside? Not as many that really "identify" as a Sox bar. I think Finley Dunne's is one of the few that does --- that's right off the Paulina stop in the Roscoe Village(ish) area. Sure anywhere in Wrigleyville would be enough fun. Kinda doubt there will be many "aggressive" Cubs fans this year. 

1 hour ago, Colome's Hat said:

Hi.  Long time lurker, first time poster.  Posting here because I'm in Chicago from New York for the next week and am a die hard White Sox fan.  Was looking for places to watch the Cubs-Sox games this weekend.  Any bars in particular that people might recommend.  Ideally, this would be a place that has outdoor seating and televisions outdoors as I'm staying with someone who is pretty high risk and want to be extra cautious, although as someone who is vaccinated, if I have to go indoors I can.  Also excuse the name.  I signed up for an account last year but never got around till posting now.  But I always had a fascination with Alex Colome and the way he positioned his hat (and he was a damn good closer here before he imploded for the Twins which makes him a White Sox legend in my book).  Anyways, if anybody has any recommendations, that would be sweet.  I haven't really lived in Chicago for about 15 years and so I'm a bit out of the loop.  Cheers and what a great time it is to be alive and watching White Sox baseball.  This is everything I could have hoped for during that rebuild.

Welcome to Soxtalk!!! :gosoxretro:

1 hour ago, Colome's Hat said:

I see what you did there!

Welcome to SoxTalk!

I ended up going to the The Ballpark Pub near Comiskey (sorry I will never call it Guaranteed Rate Field) and it was great.  Nice outdoor patio and great atmosphere and cheap drinks.  Also amazing brisket sliders.  Thanks for the recommendations.  Going to the game with my fiend tomorrow who is a Cubs fan and it's her bday.  But will probably try one of the places you all recommended for Sunday's game.

5 hours ago, DoUEvenShift said:

I see what you did there!

Welcome to SoxTalk!

And yes.  It's funny how my graduating and leaving Chicago coincided with the White Sox last great era ending

14 hours ago, Colome's Hat said:

I ended up going to the The Ballpark Pub near Comiskey (sorry I will never call it Guaranteed Rate Field) and it was great.  Nice outdoor patio and great atmosphere and cheap drinks.  Also amazing brisket sliders.  Thanks for the recommendations.  Going to the game with my fiend tomorrow who is a Cubs fan and it's her bday.  But will probably try one of the places you all recommended for Sunday's game.

And yes.  It's funny how my graduating and leaving Chicago coincided with the White Sox last great era ending

I saw a post where Houndstooth Saloon hung up a Sox flag this weekend. not typically a sox bar ... (although I do have some fun stories involving Jake Peavy who was a regular there .... there were some wild nights, almost missed a meeting the next morning partying w Jake on some random Tuesday. Didn't leave the bar until like 4am, had to be in a suit by 9am. woof.) i digress. nothing special about the bar, but with a sox flag flying will probably have a good sox ratio.

1 hour ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

The Store is the only Northside sox bar I know of. Complete dive.

Cork and Kerry at the Park and Turtles are the two best places if you can't make it to Beverly.

Wow, had no idea that was a Sox bar. That was my last stop back in the day after striking out at The Beaumont at 3 AM.