And that’s a white sox winner

bmags

1 hour ago, SleepyWhiteSox said:

Out of morbid curiosity, if you can't even enjoy a win, then what's the point?

Not just a win. A win over the Cubs.

Hate the team if you must. Enjoy the BP cup. Or whatever it is now. It’s the freaking Cubs. Just indulge. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Not just a win. A win over the Cubs.

Hate the team if you must. Enjoy the BP cup. Or whatever it is now. It’s the freaking Cubs. Just indulge. 

Everything in my mind always boils down to the Randy Quaid character in Major League. I mean I hate to be a d--k but what about today's game made it so non-enjoyable for a Sox fan? Sox blew the lead on a clutch 3-run wind aided Cub home run. It only tied the game. When Stoney reminded the Sox had the top of the order coming up, I thought, 'This will be a nice win, winning even after blowing the late lead.' Cub fans took off after Sox exploded in the 10th. That was awesome to see as a Sox fan. Cub fans gave up. Also Goodwin's blast was special.

Yes it was annoying again when Cubs cut it to two in the bottom of the inning. But in my mind, if you can't enjoy that win, you might need to consider professional help. Cause it's still a "game" and whenever you play a game, BOTH SIDES are trying to win. 

For me, realizing how crushing that was to the Cubs and how neat it was to see Goodwin all smiles again, it was one of the most fun wins of the year. To me, if you hate that win, you just are the Randy Quaid character in Major League and you are only gonna be able to enjoy this ride when it's all over. Last pitch of the clinching World Series win. SOX WIN THE PENNANT!

Sorry if I have a bad post here, I just truly can't understand the sentiment of anybody who is a Sox fan not enjoying that game. The Cub homer only tied it, folks. Sox still were in good shape entering the 10th.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ron883 said:

If Tony was a good manager, he would take away their legos until they start playing with some heart. 

Liam gets the infinity gauntlet because he did the job himself. So Tony should give everyone some legos.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, ShoeLessRob said:

A win is a win, but I feel like this “win” just raised even more question marks. 

Takeaways:

-Sox hit homers, they win.

- Zabala validated the awful 2 strike bunt call in KC game with 2 hits tonight, as well as the three homer game before.   The bunt sign was one of the worst TLR calls this season.

- Don’t throw low inside fast balls to lefties, even bad hitters like Romain,particularly in potential 3 run homer situations.

- Cesar Hernandez was one of our better acquisitions.  Homered tonight.  A big upgrade over Leury, Mendick, Lamb.19 homersthis season although only one with the Sox so far.

- Sox keep hitting into double plays.  Try hit and run or base steal when appropriate.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Andrew Vaughn is sure holding it down in left field. Him sliding over there made me feel so comfortable. Then of course he covers it like a blanket. I simply don’t know how the Sox can long term hold him off. He is foundational in left. Something has got to be did. In the end, left field is rightfully his based on merit. Merit usually rises to the top like cream. Just because someone else with a lot of clout demands to play there is not sustainable long term. I guess we can hope Vaughn will be our Kris Bryant, but Other than first base and left, Vaughn can’t be that. But in left? He is better than adequate. I cannot think of another word other than foundational in a (good) team-building sense.

Vaughn is the season's second best story. After the rash Tony caused on my thigh.