White Sox Winner?

hogan873

I was there.  What an awesome game.  Thinking back to so many crosstown series over the year, I feel fortunate to be in a position to watch this team dominate.  I don’t know if that win was sufficiently narrative-furthering to satisfy the connoisseurs, but a day spent high fiving Sox fans at Wrigley Field is always a top day in my book.

• Like 3

I watched a little early on. Rodon is special, folks. Hope he keeps it up. He is a damn fine pitcher. Sox are stepping up. Cubs got their attention after Sox had the stretch of playing all those lousy Central teams and Sox are focused for this series, baby.

Tony is our best manager in a long, long time, yes even better than my idol, Ozzie. It's nice to have a veteran manager Hall of Famer who knows how to expertly run a game.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tony figures a way to sweep these Cubbies in Wrigley. Do it Tony. Pick the right pieces to play Sunday.

Edited by greg775
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

I was there.  What an awesome game.  Thinking back to so many crosstown series over the year, I feel fortunate to be in a position to watch this team dominate.  I don’t know if that win was sufficiently narrative-furthering to satisfy the connoisseurs, but a day spent high fiving Sox fans at Wrigley Field is always a top day in my book.

Congrats on being there. What's Wrigley like these days? Clean? Dirty? Still all college kids in the bleachers? Are there Great concessions and bathrooms now after renovation? Is it as beautiful still as before? Any good food there? Back in the day only "good" food to eat at Wrigley was Ron Santo pizza. At Sox park, yumm. Corned beef, roast beef my faves. Also ethnic food and just an all around dining experience.

3 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Congrats on being there. What's Wrigley like these days? Clean? Dirty? Still all college kids in the bleachers? Are there Great concessions and bathrooms now after renovation? Is it as beautiful still as before? Any good food there? Back in the day only "good" food to eat at Wrigley was Ron Santo pizza. At Sox park, yumm. Corned beef, roast beef my faves. Also ethnic food and just an all around dining experience.

Last time I was there they had something called The Wrigley Pig...it was a McRib knockoff....I passed on that one.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Sox are back to within 1.5 games of the #1 seed in the AL.

Keep winning series and that upcoming series in Tampa will carry a lot of importance.

yea some other division leaders scuffling. Sox somehow need to figure out a way to take 2 out of 3 in tampa.  Wonder if they could even try and reconfigure the rotation to avoid a dallas start.

3 hours ago, EloyJenkins said:

Enjoyed that game...but my god this Cubs team is awful. Every NL central pitcher will see their ERA go down a half point facing them.

It is a AAA team with Contreras and Hendricks in the lineup, otherwise a AA team. In European soccer they would have been relegated to the minors.

6 minutes ago, pcq said:

Radon went from being released to a Cy Young fave. Like some old guy searching the beach for five years gets a gold nugget. They invested a lot of resources. 

I am very glad that we signed him.  Will be hard to keep with Boras looming around.  Let’s enjoy it while we can.