Rey Lo Looking Good!

DanofDuPage

1 hour ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

I dont care if he doesn't give up a run the rest of the season. I dont want him throwing a pitch in the playoffs.

Thankfully youre not affiliated with the Sox.

If Reylo was lights out for the rest of the season and another player was doing bad youd be an idiot not to give him a chance.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 2

3 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Thankfully youre not affiliated with the Sox.

If Reylo was lights out for the rest of the season and another player was doing bad youd be an idiot not to give him a chance.

We'll see how some of the guys do against the better teams soon. Rey is throwing strikes and getting guys out for now. That's way more than anyone expected. I'm surprised no one has pulled up the thread when he was brought up. But then again one real bad outing can screw that up in a hurry.

2 hours ago, DanofDuPage said:

The Sox just might have found their Long Relief guy!  Maybe Kopech’s bull pen replacement next year.

ReyLo has been awesome. But he still has ALOT of work to do to convince the Sox not to non-tender him in December. He’ll be between $3-4M in arb. But if he keeps throwing like this they’ll probably have to bring him back. But that’s a big if.  

6 hours ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Trust him at youre own peril then. Dude is awful and we all know it.

But at the moment he isn't doing 'awful' and is contributing to the team, picking a player when they are in good form is common sense. No one is suggesting he is up to a high pressure situation but when long relief is needed he should be the go to guy at the moment while his good form lasts. 

Shocked to see Reyno is still only 27 years old. Lots of good relievers are failed starters. Usually it means the guy can only throw

1-2 pitches for strikes with any consistency. As a starter, if one of those pitches isn't working you get creamed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Someone was saying the same about Cotts and Politte at some point in 2005…

More than some were saying it about Liam Hendriks back in the day. There is no question Lopez has an electric arm. Maybe accepting his fate as a reliever is what it takes. It would be nice to get something from him. He has the talent. Of course he is still one bad outing from being a gas can again, but I certainly like him better on the mound than one Ryan Burr.

• Like 5

have any analytic fans/reporters studied what is happening with ReyLo? He was awful in AAA. Like 9era i believe ... same role as he has now. he gets called up and POOF. did he make a slight adjustment? is this a good stretch? just wondering if the experts think this is sustainable ...

Also, I'd trade him in the offseason while he has some control and "shine" of his prospect pedigree. If he keeps this up for the remainder of the year you might get some team to overpay thinking they can unlock something. package him with collins (who probably has all but lost his prospect shine) and see if you can get something decent back in return. 

7 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

have any analytic fans/reporters studied what is happening with ReyLo? He was awful in AAA. Like 9era i believe ... same role as he has now. he gets called up and POOF. did he make a slight adjustment? is this a good stretch? just wondering if the experts think this is sustainable ...

Also, I'd trade him in the offseason while he has some control and "shine" of his prospect pedigree. If he keeps this up for the remainder of the year you might get some team to overpay thinking they can unlock something. package him with collins (who probably has all but lost his prospect shine) and see if you can get something decent back in return. 

Even if he finishes the year strongly, he’s so close to being a nontender candidate that I wouldn’t trade anything for him. There’s a decent chance someone has to eat whatever contract he gets in arbitration next year to release him, assuming no big rule changes. 

If you want anything back for him, you take the risk yourself and hold onto him next year. If he has a solid first half, then he probably would have some value at the trade deadline since teams always pay something for relievers if they are having a good season. Of course, the White Sox might have a role for him in that case too.

12 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

He really struggled and was out for a few weeks with some eye thing. Supposedly, his last start at Charlotte was stellar, and he looks really good. Would love to see what he does against one of the tougher teams in a bigger situation down the road, but now, just ride out these low leverage outings and get some more confidence. Cut down is repertoire a bit, and get a little more out of his fastball, and the Sox may have something.  

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

He really struggled and was out for a few weeks with some eye thing. Supposedly, his last start at Charlotte was stellar, and he looks really good. Would love to see what he does against one of the tougher teams in a bigger situation down the road, but now, just ride out these low leverage outings and get some more confidence. Cut down is repertoire a bit, and get a little more out of his fastball, and the Sox may have something.  

He looks dynamite against righties.  Lefties look very comfortable against him.

His FB has good velo but his stuff doesn’t look like it’s moving that differently in Baseballsavant.

The exception is a better dropping curveball. It’s all working now and he has better control but I’m still in wait and see mode

3 hours ago, BrianAnderson said:

Here's my analytical look.

Hes throwing strikes 

• Like 1

• Quin locked this topic