Sox at Twins 8/9, 7:10

Bob Sacamano

Jerry:

Can’t we just have Jason read the MLB gameday feed play by play, have Steve move runners around a replica Diamond and not worry about camera crews, producers or video feeds. They can use baseball savant to add details to the broadcast.

We’re giving fans more information than we did for World Series broadcasts, it should be good enough for regular season baseball. Why are they insisting on having broadcast personnel be at the events they are covering, ESPN had beautiful video feeds for their broadcast last night. Also featured Al Michaels, live and in person.”

On 7/25/2021 at 10:07 AM, Snopek said:

Getting those three regulars back of course makes them a better team, but there seems to be this assumption/expectation that they will all come back and perform at a high level while avoiding any setbacks. It’s certainly possible, but I don’t know how realistic it is.

On 7/25/2021 at 11:13 AM, Tnetennba said:

Even with Eloy and Robert returning, the bullpen is still a disaster.  The hole at 2B is becoming more obvious, and RF is still a weak spot.  I hope the returning players aren't viewed as sufficient enough to cover the holes on the roster.

On 7/25/2021 at 12:07 PM, Jack Parkman said:

What this series is telling us is that the Sox are only a playoff team because the rest of the ALC isn't trying and the Twins pitching staff collapsed. 

What I keep seeing is that the Sox are not playoff caliber in any aspect of the game. Their offense isn't good enough, their SP are bum slayers and their bullpen is terrible outside of Hendriks/Kopech and sometimes Crochet, who is very hit or miss. 

I don't think that Eloy/Robert/Grandal will save them either. 

On 7/25/2021 at 12:39 PM, Jack Parkman said:

I don't think that those guys will be themselves until next year. Too many people assume that Eloy/Robert/Grandal are going to come in and pick up right where they left off. It's not like Eloy and Robert are even lighting up the minors during their rehab stints.

Just a few quick comments I could find from about two weeks ago hahaha 

Just now, fathom said:

Thanks for reminding me that Eloy not regaining his power is something I don’t have to worry about 

In the thread Jack was posting in, I made the comment people just don’t understand what it means to add guys like Eloy/Robert/Grandal back to this lineup, which means you take out guys like Burger/Leury/Hamilton/Zavala, etc. 

Not saying it’s going to last…they’ll still go cold at some point…but come on.