White Sox playoff position tracker

Balta1701

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

The craziest scenario is actually a 3 way tie. Cause that would involve a game 164 for at least one team. A 4 way tie only guarantees game 163 for 4 teams. 

I’m rooting for the Orioles, Nationals, Mariners, and Rays. Get the Blue Jays out of the picture.

And I want the Giants to clinch today too.

6 minutes ago, chw42 said:

The craziest scenario is actually a 3 way tie. Cause that would involve a game 164 for at least one team. A 4 way tie only guarantees game 163 for 4 teams. 

So that would be Monday tie breaker game #1, Tuesday tie breaker game #2, Wednesday Wildcard game, Thursday ALDS game #1 against the Rays. Am I right with that?

Edited by ScooterMcGee

14 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

So that would be Monday tie breaker game #1, Tuesday tie breaker game #2, Wednesday Wildcard game, Thursday ALDS game #1 against the Rays. Am I right with that?

Yeah, the AL Wild Card game would get pushed back in this scenario. 

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

What happens if there is a three way tie for the two wild card spots?

Boston would host either Torotno or NYY tomorrow and the winner would be wild card team 1 (most likely Torotno based on H2H records). The remaining teams would play for the second wild card on Tuesday, followed by a 1 game wild card playin on Wednesday.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Boston would host either Torotno or NYY tomorrow and the winner would be wild card team 1 (most likely Torotno based on H2H records). The remaining teams would play for the second wild card on Tuesday, followed by a 1 game wild card playin on Wednesday.

Absolute insanity…really hope that happens!