Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Balta1701

White Sox playoff position tracker

Recommended Posts

Blue Jays are just as hot right now as the Yankees were a few weeks ago.  Looks like all AL East in the wildcard (unless A's put it together for a sustained run) and whoever wins faces the Rays.  LET THEM FIGHT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Blue Jays are just as hot right now as the Yankees were a few weeks ago.  Looks like all AL East in the wildcard (unless A's put it together for a sustained run) and whoever wins faces the Rays.  LET THEM FIGHT

The Rays offense has been good all year. The pitching has finally come around. I do hope they beat the Rays if the see them as I would love HFA if we make the ALCS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

Finally have played the same number of games as Houston, so with the tiebreaker the Sox would need to be 3 wins better than them over their last 19. If they went 10-9, the White Sox would need to go 13-6 for the 2 seed. Lotsa leverage on each remaining loss.

Hoping it will help that the Astros play the A’s and Rays the final 9 games of the season while we get mostly the Tigers and by-then-eliminated Guardians

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

The Rays offense has been good all year. The pitching has finally come around. I do hope they beat the Rays if the see them as I would love HFA if we make the ALCS. 

I'm assuming the first one was supposed to be Jays

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The really good news here is that the way things stack up, the Sox and Houston are pretty well locked in unless something crazy happens in the next few weeks.  That means no matter what happens in that AL East craziness, the Sox can only play the winner of the the three teams, as the two wild cards  will meet first, and then the winner of that game gets Tampa before the ALCS round.  If the Sox beat Houston, they get the AL East survivor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 games left for each. Magic number on each other for 2-seed:

Hou-17

Sox-22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Twins gave away the game to Indians with awful defense in the last inning.  Hopefully they take the second game of the DH tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, fathom said:

Twins gave away the game to Indians with awful defense in the last inning.  Hopefully they take the second game of the DH tonight.

Polanco whiffed on a routine ground ball and that was basically the catalyst for the whole inning. Twins gonna Twins. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yankees up 5-0 on Baltimore in the 3rd inning. It's becoming increasingly clear that the Wild Card is going to be won by the team that gets to play Baltimore last.

  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cleveland up 3-0 on Minnesota. The Twins are terrible! I guess they will not be doing us any favors so we just got to go out and win the games we’re supposed to win. 

Edited by maloney.adam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, flavum said:

19 games left for each. Magic number on each other for 2-seed:

Hou-17

Sox-22

18 games left

Hou-17

Sox-20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, maloney.adam said:

Cleveland up 3-0 on Minnesota. The Twins are terrible! I guess they will not be doing us any favors so we just got to go out and win the games we’re supposed to win. 

They beat cleveland 3 of 4 last week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, maloney.adam said:

Cleveland up 3-0 on Minnesota. The Twins are terrible! I guess they will not be doing us any favors so we just got to go out and win the games we’re supposed to win. 

Who cares?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9/15:

Magic number = 7

Minnesota has been eliminated. Magic number to eliminate Kansas City is 2, which could happen as early as today.

Sox are now within 1 of Houston for the #2 seed.

In the Wild Card race we now have New York, Toronto and Boston all tied for the 2 spots. Seattle 3 back, Oakland 3.5 back.

 

Over in the National League, the Giants are in front of the Dodgers by 2.5, with both having clinched at least a WC spot. St. Louis has moved into the 2nd WC spot, with Cincinnati 0.5 back and San Diego 1 back.

Edited by WhiteSoxFan1993

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

9/15:

Magic number = 7

Minnesota has been eliminated. Magic number to eliminate Kansas City is 2, which could happen as early as today.

Sox are now within 1 of Houston for the #2 seed.

In the Wild Card race we now have New York, Toronto and Oakland all tied for the 2 spots. Seattle 3 back, Oakland 3.5 back.

 

Over in the National League, the Giants are in front of the Dodgers by 2.5, with both having clinched at least a WC spot. St. Louis has moved into the 2nd WC spot, with Cincinnati 0.5 back and San Diego 1 back.

Boston, not Oakland. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

9/15:

Magic number = 7

Minnesota has been eliminated. Magic number to eliminate Kansas City is 2, which could happen as early as today.

Sox are now within 1 of Houston for the #2 seed.

In the Wild Card race we now have New York, Toronto and Oakland all tied for the 2 spots. Seattle 3 back, Oakland 3.5 back.

 

Over in the National League, the Giants are in front of the Dodgers by 2.5, with both having clinched at least a WC spot. St. Louis has moved into the 2nd WC spot, with Cincinnati 0.5 back and San Diego 1 back.

I think you mean NY, TOR, and Boston all tied?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Boston, not Oakland. 

 

1 minute ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

I think you mean NY, TOR, and Boston all tied?

Yes, I did mean Boston and have fixed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

 

Yes, I did mean Boston and have fixed it.

Gotcha, thanks.  By the way, (too lazy to figure it out myself) anybody know who wins the tiebreakers between those three?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

 

Yes, I did mean Boston and have fixed it.

Good job keeping this updated on your part. Next few weeks will really heat up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Gotcha, thanks.  By the way, (too lazy to figure it out myself) anybody know who wins the tiebreakers between those three?

Boston is 10-6 vs New York so Boston has won that tiebreaker

Boston is 10-9 vs Toronto so Boston has also won that one

Toronto is 10-6 vs New York so Toronto has won that one

So New York is on the road against any team they're tied with.

The real wild scenario is if they finish in a 3-way tie. There are two tiebreaker games just to determine who gets to play in the Wild Card game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Boston is 10-6 vs New York so Boston has won that tiebreaker

Boston is 10-9 vs Toronto so Boston has also won that one

Toronto is 10-6 vs New York so Toronto has won that one

So New York is on the road against any team they're tied with.

The real wild scenario is if they finish in a 3-way tie. There are two tiebreaker games just to determine who gets to play in the Wild Card game.

If this was to happen, I wonder if they would start the Sox-Astros series on time while those are being resolved or would they wait to start our series until the WC is set?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its looking likely that we are going to get home field against Houston with what their end of year schedule is 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wegner said:

If this was to happen, I wonder if they would start the Sox-Astros series on time while those are being resolved or would they wait to start our series until the WC is set?

Here's what happens if there's a 3 way tie for the two wild card spots.

Team A hosts Team B. The winner is the first wild card. This game would be Monday.

The loser plays at Team C and the winner is the second wild card. This game would be Tuesday.

The actual wild card game (which might be same two teams that just played each other Monday) would get pushed back to Wednesday.

My best guess is they have the Sox and Astros go ahead and start on Thursday, otherwise there are no games Thursday.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The White Sox have spared the Minnesota Twins from yet another postseason sweep. Next to face elimination is likely the Kansas City Royals. 

Elimination Number = Magic Number (clinch a tie) + 1 (elimination)

  • 3 Kansas City
  • 5 Detroit
  • Cleveland

AL Seed Clinching Number:

  • 25 Tampa Bay (#1 seed)
  • 20 Houston (#2 seed)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Magic numbers for the 2-seed with 17 games left:

Hou-15

Sox-20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×