White Sox playoff position tracker

Balta1701

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Wow, would not want to bet that game.  If forced to, would go with Jays because they seem to be playing a bit more freely but then winning at Fenway won’t be easy.  For Berrios, any opponent not named the Yankees would be a good thing.

When Berrios is good, he's really good. But when he doesn't have it, it's pretty ugly. The Sox got him twice this year pretty good. 

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Rays just can't break through. Still no score in the Bronx. I think the longer that game goes without any runs, the more likely NY wins cause Cash might just throw some nobody out there in extras. 

Do the Rays even have anyone like that in their bullpen?

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Do the Rays even have anyone like that in their bullpen?

Cash using McHugh right now, so maybe I'm wrong. I think the Rays want as much trouble as possible for whoever wins the wild card, it really is in their best interest. 

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

When Berrios is good, he's really good. But when he doesn't have it, it's pretty ugly. The Sox got him twice this year pretty good. 

Eovaldi, from fantasy league experience, also has his occasional blowups…Berrios can definitely add on to his FA take or extension from the Jays if he wins that one.  

Jose’s right on the periphery of being really good, but definitely not great, a bit similar to the White Sox situation with Lucas.  And Giolito had that extended 1 1/2 season run of close to dominance.

(All that said, choosing to go all in on Buxton over Berrios the logical move for the Twins if you can only go after one extension.)

11 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

If you could sign up for a Sox/Jays ALCS right now, would you do it? Or would you let it play out?

I was planning a road trip to Toronto next season, but I'd be happy to do it this year. 😁