White Sox playoff position tracker

Balta1701

4 hours ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

So in order to help themselves, the Red Sox also have to help the Yankees. That must be a bit torturous for their fans.

It may actually help Houston and Sox if Boston can take 3 or 4. 

7 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

It may actually help Houston and Sox if Boston can take 3 or 4. 

I think at this point the only drama for the Sox is how early they will clinch the division and whether they can pass Houston for the 2nd seed so they can get Game 5 at home. I don't think Houston is going to catch Tampa.

7 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

So we’re playing Houston basically?  I love that matchup for us.  

To not play Houston, one of these things has to happen:

Oakland makes up their 5.5 game deficit and wins the AL West.

Houston makes up their 5 game deficit and pass Tampa Bay.

Sox make up their 7 game deficit and pass Tampa Bay.

All of those seem really unlikely at this point.

32 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

To not play Houston, one of these things has to happen:

Oakland makes up their 5.5 game deficit and wins the AL West.

Houston makes up their 5 game deficit and pass Tampa Bay.

Sox make up their 7 game deficit and pass Tampa Bay.

All of those seem really unlikely at this point.

I would absolutely love beating the piss out of the Trashtros to advance to the ALCS.

There aren’t many things I would hate more than losing to the Trashtros.

Edited by hi8is

I agree with the people at the USA Today having the Sox ranked seventh in MLB power rankings. There are three teams better than the White Sox in both leagues. In the AL, Tampa Bay, Houston and New York are better than the WS. In the NL, SF, LA and Milwaukee are better than the WS. If the WS play Houston in the opening round they would be obvious underdogs. Could the WS beat Houston? Sure, they could. Will they beat Houston? Probably not.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jerry McNertney said:

I agree with the people at the USA Today having the Sox ranked seventh in MLB power rankings. There are three teams better than the White Sox in both leagues. In the AL, Tampa Bay, Houston and New York are better than the WS. In the NL, SF, LA and Milwaukee are better than the WS. If the WS play Houston in the opening round they would be obvious underdogs. Could the WS beat Houston? Sure, they could. Will they beat Houston? Probably not.

How dare you?

9 minutes ago, Jerry McNertney said:

Well, that's just, like, your opinion....man.  

• Thanks 1

Crap on the team? What did I say that amounted to crapping on the Sox? Who thinks the WS would be favored in a series against the Astros? They could beat the Astros, we all know that individual series' can be unpredictable. I think the Sox spotty bullpen and defense might be a problem in the pressure packed, often tight games of a playoff series. Ranking the WS seventh out of thirty teams in MLB means they are a good/very good team. I think there are several better teams. I genuinely want the Sox to win the WS, but I don't want to set my expectations too high.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jerry McNertney said:

Crap on the team? What did I say that amounted to crapping on the Sox? Who thinks the WS would be favored in a series against the Astros? They could beat the Astros, we all know that individual series' can be unpredictable. I think the Sox spotty bullpen and defense might be a problem in the pressure packed, often tight games of a playoff series. Ranking the WS seventh out of thirty teams in MLB means they are a good/very good team. I think there are several better teams. I genuinely want the Sox to win the WS, but I don't want to set my expectations too high.

How daaaaaare you?

4 minutes ago, Jerry McNertney said:

There's a difference between "I don't want to set my expectations too high" and "Will the White Sox beat the Astros? Probably not".

You are fully correct the White Sox would be underdogs in that series, having lost the season series to the Astros 5-2 and assuming the Astros hold onto the #2 seed. I can see lots of ways that goes badly for the White Sox and would really like to pass the Astros for that #2 seed, but I won't get anywhere close to "The White Sox probably will lose that series".

17 minutes ago, Jerry McNertney said:

lol, come on man, don't make me pull receipts.

42 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

There's a difference between "I don't want to set my expectations too high" and "Will the White Sox beat the Astros? Probably not".

You are fully correct the White Sox would be underdogs in that series, having lost the season series to the Astros 5-2 and assuming the Astros hold onto the #2 seed. I can see lots of ways that goes badly for the White Sox and would really like to pass the Astros for that #2 seed, but I won't get anywhere close to "The White Sox probably will lose that series".

I mean, I guess the Sox would be slight underdogs if the playoffs started in five minutes.  I guess the Sox would have been "favorites" a week ago when they had a better record.  We'll see where we are in a month.  

4 hours ago, Jerry McNertney said:

To use an expression used here recently..." don't piss on our Cheerios."

4 hours ago, Jerry McNertney said:

Screw this guy!

7 hours ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

I think at this point the only drama for the Sox is how early they will clinch the division and whether they can pass Houston for the 2nd seed so they can get Game 5 at home. I don't think Houston is going to catch Tampa.

Tampa 's last 6 are on the road w 3 at Houston and 3 at NY. So Houston may have a shot