Sox at Twins 8/10, 7:10

Bob Sacamano

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I don't want to watch TMR's game on Youtube.  I want to watch it on MLB.tv where I can change audio, use the replay features, etc.  Thankfully T-Mobile gives me MLB.tv free, otherwise I'd really be bitching.

I pay for it and I'm not nearly as upset as you are.  I just buy it to watch the games and can remember when you didn't get a choice of broadcasts, you got the home team's broadcast team.  I guess each user is different with their expectations.

1 minute ago, Leonard Zelig said:

If you just want to watch Sox games, that is an option for cheaper. 

I like to watch other games as well. sometimes i do late night workouts to west coast games. the problem with the one team plan is it still has all the same restrictions, so it's equally as frustrating. 

5 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

I like to watch other games as well. sometimes i do late night workouts to west coast games. the problem with the one team plan is it still has all the same restrictions, so it's equally as frustrating. 

Yeah, I used to get it, but it just wasn’t worth it for me to get all the games.  It is frustrating on Sunday nights, etc.

Heard on Greenberg’s ESPN radio show this morning that the White Sox are the best team in the AL today and by far.  Big upgrade with Hernández, Kimbrel and Tepera and with Eloy and Robert back.  Also mentioned all the hard throwers in the Sox staff. We have the power house now to go all the way.

19 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Heard on Greenberg’s ESPN radio show this morning that the White Sox are the best team in the AL today and by far.  Big upgrade with Hernández, Kimbrel and Tepera and with Eloy and Robert back.  Also mentioned all the hard throwers in the Sox staff. We have the power house now to go all the way.

Well if Greeny said it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hankchifan said:

The Sox were kind of AAA for much of the season. The upgrades and returns are clearly significant. Their staff has around 1,200 more 95 plus pitches than any other team. Corrected. 

Edited by pcq
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, pcq said:

The Sox were kind of AAA for much of the season. The upgrades and returns are clearly significant. Their staff has around 1,500 more 96 plus pitches than any other team.

Imagine if Zack Wheeler would have chosen the Sox and we would have him instead of Keuchel, because that's where Wheelers money went... That would be 5 guys all throwing on average 95+... daaaaayummm! 

3 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Or a cool way for Sox fans without cable to access games now that they are off WGN permanently.

I got free skybox seats for the Brewers vs. Cubs game tonight, so it looks like I'll miss one of a handful of Sox games live this year. Hoping for another Sox victory!

You may be sitting in a skybox at Wrigley tonight, but the odds aren't good that you'll see a game.

9 minutes ago, gogosox1959 said:

For all the early season bitching about "lack of depth", those AAA players are the reason the Sox are in position to roll now that the upgrades have taken hold.

Yep, Hahn did a great job of building a roster with enough depth to weather the storms of all those injuries.  Ridiculous that people on here expected zero drop off in production when we were without Jimenez, Engel, Robert, Grandal, Madrigal, etc. for large chunks of the season. No team in the league can lose that talent and replace it easily.

14 minutes ago, TheCommish said:

Imagine if Zack Wheeler would have chosen the Sox and we would have him instead of Keuchel, because that's where Wheelers money went... That would be 5 guys all throwing on average 95+... daaaaayummm! 

The way the Sox operate, I'm pretty sure they would have balked on the Lynn trade for Dunning had they gotten Wheeler the season before.