Sox at Twins 8/10, 7:10

Bob Sacamano

10 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

This ones on Larussa leaving Keuchel in

Absolutely. We have one of the most dominating bullpens in the league, and TLR Leaves our least dominating pitcher with close to 100 pitch count to pitch the 6 th with a one run lead.  This loss is on TLR.  You have to manage the games to win with your best weapons.  TLR does not have the sense-of urgency to go for the HFA.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, upsoxfan said:

And that my friends is how you give one away. This drunken stupidity is how you lose home field advantage when you have the best home W - L in the league.

You’ve made leukemia jokes about the Sox and skated away because it got buried on a game thread. Your ass shouldn’t even be on this site. 

• Fire 1

I am waiting for our so called fantastic pitching coach to explain when it became acceptable fora pitcher to finish his delivery with his back to the hitter. Giolitto was lucky he didn’t get hurt badly. It’s just a matter of time until Cease really gets drilled.

Honestly I know I get emotional but can we all agree Larussa is not in the dugout sipping bourbon. We lost the lead with two outs in the sixth. That gives us three Innings with the best lineup we have had In three months to get at least a run  this is directed at upsoxfan. Can everyone realize you don’t win every game? no harm tonight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

You’ve made leukemia jokes about the Sox and skated away because it got buried on a game thread. Your ass shouldn’t even be on this site. 

What are you talking about leukemia? You are really pretty stupid if you think my reference was to leukemia you probably shouldn’t be on here because you my friend are stupid,

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

Yes, there is harm.  We need to accumulate wins for home field advantage and this was a very winnable bullpen game, but Tony left Keuchel  in one inning too long.

Do you think we will win every game ? Do you think others will? Save your heart attack for 60 like me . 

Just now, hankchifan said:

Yes, there is harm.  We need to accumulate wins for home field advantage and this was a very winnable bullpen game, but Tony left Keuchel  in one inning too long.

They ran into a lot of bad luck though. Some of those hard hit balls could’ve went for extra base hits or if lifted more could’ve gone out. Your not going to win every game, relax! 

5 minutes ago, quickman said:

Do you think we will win every game ? Do you think others will? Save your heart attack for 60 like me . 

No, I am only referring to winnable games when we are one run up late with one of the best bullpens in the league, which is not used, and we give up the lead and lose.

5 minutes ago, quickman said:

Honestly I know I get emotional but can we all agree Larussa is not in the dugout sipping bourbon. We lost the lead with two outs in the sixth. That gives us three Innings with the best lineup we have had In three months to get at least a run  this is directed at upsoxfan. Can everyone realize you don’t win every game? no harm tonight.

There was harm tonite. Games like this against teams in our really weak division are games we need to win and when we start Keuchel, who shouldn’t be starting, and still have a lead in the sixth, this is something we need to put in the bank. We have a pretty tough stretch coming up and we were starting to build a little momentum, so why crush it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I can’t imagine this place if there was an actual pennant race. 

I totally understand if you need an outlet for your frustrations. 

but the Sox have this. I’m pretty sure they’re treating the rest of the season like playoff Spring Training. I wouldnt get too upset by the day-to-day. Just stay healthy. 

Edited by Blackout Friday
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, upsoxfan said:

There was harm tonite. Games like this against teams in our really weak division are games we need to win and when we start Keuchel, who shouldn’t be starting, and still have a lead in the sixth, this is something we need to put in the bank. We have a pretty tough stretch coming up and we were starting to build a little momentum, so why crush it?

Hey @hi8is can we get this guy a Soxtalk manual? 

7 minutes ago, upsoxfan said:

I get the frustration. But we basically have our lineup back and this lineup was supposedly great. They had three innings to get at least a run and maybe two. My issue is the drunk comment. Honestly it’s old. He is not drunk in the dugout. His team believes In him. I realize this jargon was popular early but it’s time. To just get on Board. He is not an idiot. I know people on the site while they work there day jobs think they can manage the Sox but they can’t. It’s a lot to juggle and and handle. He and the Sox are really doing well. I expect they will do well. 

• Love 1

26 minutes ago, upsoxfan said:

What are you talking about leukemia? You are really pretty stupid if you think my reference was to leukemia you probably shouldn’t be on here because you my friend are stupid,

And that's going to wrap it up for you. Bye bye

• Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

That is a game we shouldn't have lost. One decision 

Yea bummer. Still 20 games over .500 with a 10.5 game lead and three back for best record in the AL.

Count blessings. Crush this upcoming tough stretch.

1 hour ago, hankchifan said:

No, I am only referring to winnable games when we are one run up late with one of the best bullpens in the league, which is not used, and we give up the lead and lose.

Yea but dude you and many others are acting like our coaching staff doesn’t know all these things.  Or any of us.  This is captain obvious stuff. 

They wanted to give him a chance to play it out.  It’s okay. 

Edited by Jerksticks

Man - keuchel got squeezed on that walk to sano…thought the team would pick him up after giving up that homer. Oh well…double digit lead and Robert is going to take some time to get back in swing of things but Abreu has protection now. I expect we aren’t just going to get Robert and Eloy and Grandal but also get mvp pito and Timmy back with the rest of the band coming together. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Man - keuchel got squeezed on that walk to sano…thought the team would pick him up after giving up that homer. Oh well…double digit lead and Robert is going to take some time to get back in swing of things but Abreu has protection now. I expect we aren’t just going to get Robert and Eloy and Grandal but also get mvp pito and Timmy back with the rest of the band coming together. 

That’s right, cuz.