Sox at Twins 8/10, 7:10

Bob Sacamano

Just now, gusguyman said:

I know its popular to dump on Keuchel (and he certainly deserves it so far tonight) but this is actually really unusual. This season, first time through the order DK has given up a .285 wOBA against, which is 61st in the MLB (fantastic for a 4th/5th starter). The problem is that after that he is giving up a .356 wOBA against (which is 115th, so actually around what you would expect from a 4/5).

We'll see how the rest of the season goes, but based on the season so far I would be perfectly happy to let DK go once through the order to start a playoff game.

There's no reason for him to even be a once through the order guy with Cease as the #4 and an ultra deep bullpen. For a lot of teams, though, yes I think Keuchel would still have a postseason role but the Sox aren't one of them.

Just now, manbearpuig said:

Lol I love posts like these. It’s so easy to trade an underperforming overpaid player.

If Hahn can dump Keuchel's contract on another team and not have to eat a bunch of money, he can win executive of the year again. 

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

There's no reason for him to even be a once through the order guy with Cease as the #4 and an ultra deep bullpen. For a lot of teams, though, yes I think Keuchel would still have a postseason role but the Sox aren't one of them.

Playoffs are a long way away but there is no way with a straight face anyone can say Keuchle should start over Lynn-Rodon-Giolito-Cease at this point. Just zero chance. 

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Playoffs are a long way away but there is no way with a straight face anyone can say Keuchle should start over Lynn-Rodon-Giolito-Cease at this point. Just zero chance. 

Even if he turns things around, for me at least, there's nothing he can do to surpass Cease as the playoff #4. Maybe he can steal a bullpen role but he's not someone whose stuff is going to play up in relief.

7 minutes ago, South Sider said:

Welcome to the board. All I think is you never know with veterans like this. Could be a night where he doesn't have it at all, could be a night where he toughs up for the next few innings. 

Not gonna toot my own horn yet, but that inning was basically the exact opposite of the first. Maybe he does go 4 or 5.....

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

Even if he turns things around, for me at least, there's nothing he can do to surpass Cease as the playoff #4. Maybe he can steal a bullpen role but he's not someone whose stuff is going to play up in relief.

It sucks too because if Dallas could have held on to as a playoff rotation spot Cease could have been another potentially lethal weapon out of the pen in the playoffs.

• Like 1