Weird day...

Soxplosion

Well, I went to the batting cages today and hit in the cage next to none other than Minnesotas Mike Cuddyer. I kinda wanted to tell him that I was a Sox fan and that the Twins stunk but my dad stopped me. I woulda gotten his autograph if he was a Sox or a superstar but he wasnt so I didnt.

Then I come back here and the boards looked rather odd and Im not sure what to think. Some things I like and others I dont. Among the cool things is that there are stats for just about everything. I now know its heathers b-day today so Happy Birthday! Then the things I dont are that guests can post anywhere and blue on a White Sox board? Just kinda odd. But with the anonymous posters on all forums idea, regular members could come and take shots at people and no one would know who it was. But, come to think of it, if that ever happens, I guess yall know who to look to, lol...

Well, I went to the batting cages today and hit in the cage next to none other than Minnesotas Mike Cuddyer.

Who was hitting the ball better, you or Cuddyer?

I woulda creamed him if we had a contest or something! :D

Well, not really. For a high schooler I can hit it pretty hard (almost hit my dad 3 times today when he was pitching and one actually broke his watch) but Cuddyers a horse and he was hitting rockets. I wanted to ask him what he thought of AJ (see if everyone thinks the same way we think of good ole AJ, lol)...

And what happened to the sigs and avatars? Other peoples sigs work (not mine) but no ones avatar works...

Everyone will have to redo their avatars.

Yours, I should have, but it probably wont' fit, so it will have to be resized again. The sigs, let me take a look at yours. It may of been deleted when the databases were being cleaned.

Also, the colors will change a bit, and guests can't post here anymore. It was just something that we hadn't yet changed.

Real cool though, and I want to here how Cuddyer hit, cause I'd like him on the Sox.

I had my own hitting lesson going so I wasnt really watching but then my instructor Norm Martel (who is at single A in our organization) told me who he was. He was a real big guy. Like 6'3, 220. He was also doing a lot of the drills I was (one hand hitting, situations...). He was there with his dad. Anyhow, it was pretty cool...

So what are we doing about the avatars? Should I just go out and find a new one? I could do that...

Tell me about Cuddyer. I am not really familiar with him. I looked uop his stats for 2002 and saw he hit 259, and obviously witesoxfan and chicsoxfn see something more than that in this guy, so tell me about Cuddyer. (I am not being sarcastic when I ask this, I really don't know anything about the guy and am intrigued to see him get two good reviews.)

Well, there, I fixed the avatar. Now I just need help with the sig graphics. What so yall think of my avatar?

As for Cuddyer, I just know hes a really good prospect with the Twins. He was hitting the ball real hard today. He wasnt facing tough pitching, just his dad but he did hit a bomb off our very own Mark Buehrle this past season. Other than that, I dont know much more about him...

Tell me about Cuddyer.  I am not really familiar with him.  I looked uop his stats for 2002 and saw he hit 259, and obviously witesoxfan and chicsoxfn see something more than that in this guy, so tell me about Cuddyer.  (I am not being sarcastic when I ask this, I really don't know anything about the guy and am intrigued to see him get two good reviews.)

c-dub.....he was the gem of the Twins system....he's a guy who will be a decent 4-tool player in the future....he'll probably hit .300-.320 in the future with 30 or so bombs and 120 RBIs with a good arm and decent defense....not sure about his speed. He'll probably be a guy that draws 100 walks and strikes out 80-100 times...and he isn't a douchebag on the basepaths(unlike Caballo). And as roman says, he hits the ball real hard....I was watching a Twins game last year and saw him hit a grand slam....a real shot....just rose gently and then fell about 4 rows back, right down the left field line. It would be your basic grand slam....except for the fact that the ball was at about his ankles when he hit it, and it took about 3 seconds to get out He's a good hitter, and will be the premier hitter for the Twins in a couple years....and he is as versatile as Jeff Liefer....hell, the Twins have about 4 guys like that.

Still, he'll never be as good as Maggs....hehe.

He's a good hitter, and will be the premier hitter for the Twins in a couple years....and he is as versatile as Jeff Liefer....hell, the Twins have about 4 guys like that.

Uh... Is that a compliment? Doesn't versatility mean you can play those positions well? Have you seen Leifer in the field? He sucks!

Buddy, why exactly would we want to? I mean, he is a good player but we have no need for him. Just a few days ago me and wsf were in an argument about where to put JB. Can you imagine all the confusion if we got Cuddyer? Right now, JB is coming up in center, Lee is heading for a career year in left and Maggs is gonna do the norm in right. We have no need nor any room for more outfielders...

how can we get this cuddyer away from the twinkies and into silver and black?

He'd be a nice addition....but only if he could play LF(and Borchard could play CF well)....we have someone better offensively and defensively in RF in Maggs, we have someone better defensively and possibly offensively in Crede at 3B, and we have someone better offensively and possiby defensively in Konerko at 1B....if he can't play LF, or we do retain Thomas, then screw it....we got better people at the positions he plays....unless he wants to switch to 2B or C....or starting pitcher :D

We'll probably have to wait until he becomes a free agent then....and hopefully we'll have a new owner and we can actually get a few people.

Buddy, why exactly would we want to? I mean, he is a good player but we have no need for him. Just a few days ago me and wsf were in an argument about where to put JB. Can you imagine all the confusion if we got Cuddyer? Right now, JB is coming up in center, Lee is heading for a career year in left and Maggs is gonna do the norm in right. We have no need nor any room for more outfielders...

Not that we could get him, but I'd take Cuddyer in left over Lee in a heartbeat.

how can we get this cuddyer away from the twinkies and into silver and black?

How bout we find out where he's staying and we put him in the black and blue...... as in we beat the living s*** outta him.

Joe Mays to...... f***ing bastard

:(