GT 8/11: SOX @ MIN, 12:10

In addition to the multi-audio feature, viewers can participate in a live chat and follow commentary from more than 40 sports-focused YouTube creators. The broadcast also will ask viewers to vote in polls, including for the YouTube Player of the Game. That player will receive a trophy during the postgame show.

Should just link the broadcast to this game thread and allow the public to join in with us.

44 minutes ago, flavum said:

Sox are staying in Minneapolis until tomorrow morning, so let’s skip the Sunday lineup and win a ballgame. 

I have never understood why so many managers like using a Sunday lineup approach.  A team has bench players throughout the season filling in for the regulars as needed.  They get playing time in blowouts and game situations like pitch hitting and running along with defensive substitutions.  When a regular needs a day or two off...give it to him.  These lineups that feature 3 or 4 regulars out at one time are like forfeiting the game.

1 hour ago, flavum said:

Sox are staying in Minneapolis until tomorrow morning, so let’s skip the Sunday lineup and win a ballgame. 

I think they're more worried about the quick turn-around from last night than anything else. I'm still expecting a Sunday lineup.

15 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I have never understood why so many managers like using a Sunday lineup approach.  A team has bench players throughout the season filling in for the regulars as needed.  They get playing time in blowouts and game situations like pitch hitting and running along with defensive substitutions.  When a regular needs a day or two off...give it to him.  These lineups that feature 3 or 4 regulars out at one time are like forfeiting the game.

It’s more to do with the big game tomorrow than just a random day to play 4 back ups.

35 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I'm not going to answer the phone when (not if) my dad calls and asks what channel the game is on.  Oh man is he going to be furious.

He's a sports fan and doesn't have a modern TV with apps ?  He can get a cheap Roku or Android 4K 50"  TV for $250. Some might even have Youtube pre-installed and on the remote.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

6 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

He's a sports fan and doesn't have a modern TV with apps ?  He can get a cheap Roku or Android 4K 50"  TV for $250. Some might even have Youtube pre-installed and on the remote.

Just because they have a smart TV, doesn't mean they know, or want to know, how to use it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Just because they have a smart TV, doesn't mean they know, or want to know, how to use it.

If you have a Smart TV like that you have to know how to use it otherwise it's useless even a computer or laptop with an HD or even an SD screen or monitor it's easy to find the game. Most people have one or the other.

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

If you have a Smart TV like that you have to know how to use it otherwise it's useless even a computer or laptop with an HD or even an SD screen or monitor it's easy to find the game. Most people have one or the other.

My dad has a smart TV, a fire stick plugged into said TV, and a Comcast box which supports YouTube and believe that man still won't be able to figure it out lmao.