GT 8/11: SOX @ MIN, 12:10

Just now, manbearpuig said:

It’s weird too because sure they would play today and tomorrow, but we are off on Friday.

Down a run in the bottom of the 9th.  There is literally no reason not to give them at bats when the game is on the line.  There is no defending that.  I just don't get it.

Good thing I didn't bother watching this stinker, as soon as I saw the Sox hadn't scored in the 6th, I right away assumed they would just get shut out by some Twins pitcher the Sox confused for Cy Young. Not a great way to head into a series with the Yanks.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

All of this will be forgotten when they score 5+ runs against the Yankees in the series. :)

shit i totally misread lol but yea we'll be lucky to get 5. deadball era rules only!

Edited by TheTruth05

1 minute ago, Sox80 said:

And just like that,bad offense is back. 

It doesn't help that 3 of our best hitters sat. Eloy had a pretty good game at the plate, but nobody else really hit. Vaughn choked twice with RISP and 2 outs. 

Just now, Capn12 said:

A patented Leury GO to end the game. And why was he hitting there? Because he can never leave the lineup.

Inexcusable to have Lamb and Leury hitting at the end of a 1-0 deficit game in the top of the 9th., with three of our boppers sitting on the bench.  Presume TLR reasoning is he prefers a. lefty righty matchup, regardless of how crappy the lefty is.  A shame.

• Thanks 1

Just now, RG23SoxFan said:

If only we could replace TLR with one of the numerous message board managers lol, we would be 40+ games over .500.

Or you could have had a professional championship ML manager residing in the 21st century, aka Rick Hahn's choice, and win a few World Series.

Jerry choose literal door number 2.

Just now, mmmmmbeeer said:

Ober threw well and had a generous zone.  Problem is when he was pulled and we had our chance to pounce, we stuck with bums.  As Fathom said, and DJ implied, this game was punted.

There seems to be a lot of excuses since the asg. The Twins are not a good baseball team. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Or you could have had a professional championship ML manager residing in the 21st century, aka Rick Hahn's choice, and win a few World Series.

Jerry choose literal door number 2.

I am sure he would have found a way to help our hitters...well at least at home.

1 minute ago, DannyWright said:

what a bunch of crybabies in here.

TLR crybabies, especially. Grow up, theyre 10 games up in mid august with an important stretch of games coming up.

Yes, there is an important stretch coming up and the team has no offense.

• Thanks 1