Rodon to IL with Shoulder Fatigue

CentralChamps21

47 minutes ago, raBBit said:

So if I thought the Sox and Billy Hamilton has some sort of backroom/handshake deal to IL him over a nagging injury that he could be playing through to keep him on the roster/with the team, what would you think given your experience? 

It does happen. However unless it is frequently abuse the MLB doesn't typically investigate during the regular season. During the post season it is watched much more closely.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ptatc said:

It does happen. However unless it is frequently abuse the MLB doesn't typically investigate during the regular season. During the post season it is watched much more closely.

I'm surprised the players union doesn't have a problem with this wink and nod policy. If you are a player wouldn't you or your agent chafe at essentially giving management unauthorized power to pull you out of the lineup with no consequence? Or are they just more than happy to collect a paycheck without having to work?

On 8/11/2021 at 9:31 AM, soxfan49 said:

Is something the matter with you?

How do you not see the difference?

I may expect the Sox to shut down a pitcher, but do I believe they should? The last time out, Rodon was throwing 99 vs the Cubs. I'd much rather the Sox have homefield in October than not, so yes, I expected the Sox to do this but I don't necessarily agree with it.

Do you comprehend now?

Did you say that in the poll response ? So the Sox ,who should know what's best for Rodon and frankly any idiot knowing his innings pitched totals the last couple of years and this year could've seen the Sox shutting him down but the smarter people here don't necessarily agree with it ? You just keep digging yourself and the other 77.6 % a bigger hole.

Is something the matter with you ?

The only ones who saw this coming are the 22.4 % who voted for him being shut down for a while because that's what you would do if you knew all his IP totals. And they have been clearly posted many many times.

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Did you say that in the poll response ? So the Sox ,who should know what's best for Rodon and frankly any idiot knowing his innings pitched totals the last couple of years and this year could've seen the Sox shutting him down but the smarter people here don't necessarily agree with it ? You just keep digging yourself and the other 77.6 % a bigger hole.

The only ones who saw this coming are the 22.4 % who voted for him being shut down for a while because that's what you would do if you knew all his IP totals. And they have been clearly posted many many times.

To be fair, someone could have voted for no but wanted him skipped frequently or the Sox to go to a 6 man rotation.  These options would have still given him .ore rest and decreased his innings without "shutting him down"  Its was one of the options I was thinking about.

52 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I don't think I posted in that thread, buffoon. I didn't see it either. I have a newborn and so posting on here doesn't come as easily as it once did.

Anyway, are the only options shutting him down or him pitching every 5th start? No such thing as skipping a start here and there? Cool. Good talk. 

Edited by soxfan49

49 minutes ago, ptatc said:

To be fair, someone could have voted for no but wanted him skipped frequently or the Sox to go to a 6 man rotation.  These options would have still given him .ore rest and decreased his innings without "shutting him down"  Its was one of the options I was thinking about.

This was what I wanted. I didn't want to shut him down - but made t pretty clear they should skip some starts  and give him extended rest.  I think in general they should be doing that across the entire rotation - but more aggressively with Rodon than others...but in general, they should get guys more extended breaks and I'd be open to having every guy skip a start or two between now and the postseason.  

25 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

You need a dongle 

I assume you’ve got to go from electric tea kettle, to dongle, to 9 volt battery, to Vitamix blender, and run everything in parallel through the osmosis teleport kit ( version 3.4 or higher ).

Then I imagine you do not exceed speed setting “4” and blend for no less than 14 consecutive hours.

Please confirm @soxfan49

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ptatc said:

And many said that in the thread but that's a little more haphazard. If you shut him down you can plan the rotation for his absence which is why it was always the most viable option. It also is probably better for his arm than pitching here and there. We can only guess how they plan to use him for the rest of the regular season.

47 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

And many said that in the thread but that's a little more haphazard. If you shut him down you can plan the rotation for his absence which is why it was always the most viable option. It also is probably better for his arm than pitching here and there. We can only guess how they plan to use him for the rest of the regular season.

It would need to be a set plan as skipping every 3rd start or a consistent 6th starter. But it would work.