Rodon to IL with Shoulder Fatigue

CentralChamps21

17 minutes ago, chitown87 said:

Agreed. If this was a phantom IL trip you’d think they’d do it after the field of dreams game. 

He's probably got some real soreness in that shoulder. He looked terrible on 5 days rest in his 2 starts prior to the Cubs start and he basically had no velocity and got hit around in both. If he could have gone tomorrow while throwing 97-99, I'm sure he would have. But he probably didn't like his bullpen session and they decided to IL him. 

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

Real bummer here unless this was a designed rest and everything else is show. Whatever it is - hope nothing serious and rodon is ready to crush it come October. 

As someone said earlier, no way they would do this before tomorrow’s game unless there’s an actual issue.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is exactly why give Rodon a big multi year deal is absurd. 

completely agree. Boras was salivating for a big deal , now depending on if surgery is needed I actually think a one year with an option and innings incentives are quite doable. Disappointed though I hope he is back by end of september. We need him in the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

Good idea. Hopefully just to rest and not an issue already.

PTATC if its just rest would he be getting checked out by the docs? is rest usually helpful if in pain?  honestly asking, the guy probably knows his body so well that if he feels something he knows its really something. 

Just now, quickman said:

PTATC if its just rest would he be getting checked out by the docs? is rest usually helpful if in pain?  honestly asking, the guy probably knows his body so well that if he feels something he knows its really something. 

Yeah, I posted this before I read the whole thread. There is still the possibility that it's just a check to be sure there are no issues. However, more than likely there were some symptoms in the shoulder and they want to check it out.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

Don't buy this. They aren't doing an MRI if there aren't some kind of symptoms. They may think the symptoms are nothing and doing the MRI out of caution but he felt something. Hopefully it is nothing that the break can't help.

• Thanks 3