Sox vs. Yankees 6:15pm CDT - In Iowa - on FOX

knightni

"If you build a game thread, they will come..."

After being postponed in 2020, Major League Baseball's Field of Dreams Game is set for Thursday at in Dysersville, Iowa at a specially-constructed ballpark in the cornfields next to the movie site.

About 8,000 fans will be on hand to watch the New York Yankees and Chicago White Sox in the first MLB game ever played in the state of Iowa.

"I’m looking forward to just being a kid in a candy store," said Dwier Brown, who played Ray Kinsella's father in the 1989 film, selected in 2017 for the National Film Registry of the Library of Congress.

Time: 7 p.m. EST

TV channel: FOX

Streaming: FoxSports.com

Who is playing in the Field of Dreams game?

The Chicago White Sox and New York Yankees face off in the game on Thursday with the White Sox as the "home" team. The teams will have a day off Friday and then play Saturday and Sunday in Chicago to finish the three-game set.

What time is the Field of Dreams game?

The 2021 Field of Dreams game is at 7 p.m. EST on Thursday, August 12.

What are Field of Dreams Game stadium dimensions?

The field in Iowa is 335 feet down the lines, 400 feet to center and 380 feet in the alleys. By comparison, the White Sox's home ballpark – Guaranteed Rate Field – is 330 to left, 335 to right and 400 to center.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

• knightni changed the title to Sox vs. Yankees 6:15pm CDT - In Iowa - on FOX
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pregame show starts on FOX at 5 PM CDT, Game Broadcast begins at 6 PM CDT, expected first pitch at 6:15 PM CDT.

This will be the first White Sox game managed by Miguel Cairo, though I believe this will count in Tony La Russa's managerial record. He is on bereavement leave, expected to return for the next White Sox game, also against New York, in Comiskey Park on Saturday.

This will also be a home game for the Chicago White Sox, the first played outside of Chicago since they hosted the Detroit Tigers in Milwaukee County Stadium in front of 42,808 on August 26, 1968, a 3-0 loss to the Detroit Tigers. This is also the first Major League game played in the State of Iowa.

The probable starting pitchers for today are LHP Andrew Heaney (7-8; 5.45 ERA), acquired by New York at the trade deadline vs. RHP Lance Lynn (10-3; 2.04 ERA) acquired for Avery Weems and Dane Dunning on December 8, 2020, and extended through 2023 on July 18, 2021.

Projected lineup per MLB.com are as follows:

New York A.L. : CF B. Gardner ^; DH G. Stanton; RF A. Judge; LF J. Gallo ^; 2B DJ LeMahieu; 1B L. Voit; 3B R. Odor ^; C K. Higashioka; SS A. Velazquez #

Chicago White Sox: SS T. Anderson; RF A. Engel; 1B J. Abreu; DH E. Jimenez; 3B Y. Moncada #; LF A. Vaughn; CF L. Robert; 2B C. Hernandez #; C S. Zavala

Notable Yankees on the IL include C Gary Sanchez, 1B A. Rizzo; SS G. Torres; 3B G. Urshela; OF A. Hicks; SP G. Cole; SP L. Severino; SP D. German; SP C. Kluber; SP J. Montgomery; RP A. Chapman.

• Thanks 1

There will be some private parking in the general area if you did not get the parking pass. Sounds like they want to do a game there for the next 2 years...who knows. They cleared the field last night to film Costner walking out on it the first time.

Should be a great game with a worse for wear Yankee team showing up.

Just now, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

They better put the A team out for this game.

They will. With a lefty on the mound, I would go:

1. Anderson SS

2. Engel RF

3. Abreu 1B (well, personally I would move him down but that doesn't seem possible)

4. Eloy DH

5. Vaughn LF

6. Moncada 3B

7. Robert CF

8. Hernandez 2B

9. Zavala C

6 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Are there any specials on TV today before the game

Fox Sports 1 had an hour show on 30 years later. They’ll replay at 4.

MLB Network will be covering 2-6.

Regular Fox with the Frank Thomas as Terrence Mann 5-6.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I really wish they'd announce the lineups ala WWE and then the player (while being announced) runs out of the cornfield :D..  Extremely cheesy.. but fuck it, give me the nostalgia!!!

Nah they need James Earl Jones voice over for the lineups

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Only if we can get an interview later in the game that takes up half the screen.

Doesn't match the olde-timey vibe. I want him interviewed via telegram, with newspaper photos of him spinning onto the game screen randomly like this: