Sox vs. Yankees 6:15pm CDT - In Iowa - on FOX

knightni

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, knightni said:

"If you build a game thread, they will come..."

After being postponed in 2020, Major League Baseball's Field of Dreams Game is set for Thursday at in Dysersville, Iowa at a specially-constructed ballpark in the cornfields next to the movie site.

About 8,000 fans will be on hand to watch the New York Yankees and Chicago White Sox in the first MLB game ever played in the state of Iowa.

"I’m looking forward to just being a kid in a candy store," said Dwier Brown, who played Ray Kinsella's father in the 1989 film, selected in 2017 for the National Film Registry of the Library of Congress.

Time: 7 p.m. EST

TV channel: FOX

Streaming: FoxSports.com

Who is playing in the Field of Dreams game?

The Chicago White Sox and New York Yankees face off in the game on Thursday with the White Sox as the "home" team. The teams will have a day off Friday and then play Saturday and Sunday in Chicago to finish the three-game set.

What time is the Field of Dreams game?

The 2021 Field of Dreams game is at 7 p.m. EST on Thursday, August 12.

What are Field of Dreams Game stadium dimensions?

The field in Iowa is 335 feet down the lines, 400 feet to center and 380 feet in the alleys. By comparison, the White Sox's home ballpark – Guaranteed Rate Field – is 330 to left, 335 to right and 400 to center.

I'm glad the Yankees have a ton of players on the IL. I'm tired of the Yankees thinking they can go buy a championship. The Yankees have the 2nd highest payroll in MLB and  approximately 64 million more than the White Sox. 

I sure hope we put our A team on the field for Lynn tonight. The Sox need to pound Heaney with his 5.45 ERA. I'm tired of watching our Sox make these loser pitchers with their high 4 and 5 ERA's look like Cy Young pitchers. Hopefully the Sox can get back to being more patient and working the counts more. We have gone down in walks and pitches taken. The last two loses to Twins were 1 BB, 11 K's and  3 BB's, 10 K's. We are swinging at way too many pitches outside the zone. It shows in the fact we used to be 1st or 2nd in team OBP and now have fallen to 4th at our current lowest OBP of the year at .331!

Go Sox and embarrass the Yankees tonight in front of the Fox, ESPN and MLB networks that are all heavily are bias to the Yankees.

Haven't been excited for a regular season game in forever. Both teams will definitely have their A-team lineups (as best they can) and the dimensions of the field surely plays well for the Sox. Scoring a couple runs within the first 2-3 innings is key here and hopefully some corn whispering gives the batter's some patience. 

Also, i fully expect Shoeless Joe to come out of the corn and lead this team to a world series victory...because that is totally realistic...

24 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

Every time I see a picture, I'm so damn pissed off I lost out on the lottery.  This looks like everything I have dreamed of.

9 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Who’s here!?

3 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Me, soon

Damn lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RibbieRubarb said:

Boy I hope the first pitch is Kevin Costner to Dwier Brown (who played his father)

I saw Dwier Brown at the Music Box with my late father like seven years ago when they were doing a special screening of Field of Dreams.  Really nice dude.  He was on the White Sox Talk Podcast and said it was a possibility.

Today's game is just going to be so emotional for me.  The White Sox and Field of Dreams were two things my dad and I shared.  I know he would be loving what the Sox were doing this season.

Edited by Colome's Hat
  • Like 3