Sox vs. Yankees 6:15pm CDT - In Iowa - on FOX

knightni

2 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

*Hendrik's Fist Pump

Ask for a name change from any mod. :)

Are you actually going to the game? Considering your connection to this event, it’ll be worth every cent.

Do it.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, EloyJenkins said:

Haven't been excited for a regular season game in forever. Both teams will definitely have their A-team lineups (as best they can) and the dimensions of the field surely plays well for the Sox. Scoring a couple runs within the first 2-3 innings is key here and hopefully some corn whispering gives the batter's some patience. 

Also, i fully expect Shoeless Joe to come out of the corn and lead this team to a world series victory...because that is totally realistic...

I have no sympathy for Yankees, but In fairness, they are missing 5 starters so I would say their B-team. Good for us that we are finally down to 1 MIA. 

1 minute ago, hi8is said:

Ask for a name change from any mod. :)

Are you actually going to the game? Considering your connection to this event, it’ll be worth every cent.

Do it.

Would love to.  My friend has an Iowa residency and he applied for tickets for us and we lost out.  Gotta save money for grad school unfortunately.  Out of my price range right now.

1 minute ago, Colome's Hat said:

Would love to.  My friend has an Iowa residency and he applied for tickets for us and we lost out.  Gotta save money for grad school unfortunately.  Out of my price range right now.

If it was between 2014 and 2016, I would have bought you tickets. My financial circumstances now don’t allow that ability.

Wish you were there. Hop in the car if it’s not too late. Things find a way of sorting themselves out.

This is also now reminding me of a funny story that I was just told by mom.  Apparently my dad, at the assisted living facility he was at got into a fight with the Cubs fan because he thought he was being disrespectful because he wouldn't take off his Cubs hat.  Haha. Apparently he kept saying that the Cubs were crap and the White Sox had heart.  I do remember that guy had like all this Cubs crap on his door.  

8 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I assume we will be the host team every year.... right?

would be weird if the Sox weren't in it every year, kinda makes it just a money grab gimmick.  I mean it already is, but even moreso 

20 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I assume we will be the host team every year.... right?

If the Cubs are actually in it like Ross says then it can't be the Sox. We play them May 3rd & 4th (Cubs Home) and May 28th & 29th (Sox Home). Corn ain't real high in May.