Sox vs. Yankees 6:15pm CDT - In Iowa - on FOX

knightni

Just wanted to say, that game was amazing.  I'm a complete sucker, but I loved it all.  Hell, looking back, I'm so glad Hendriks gave up that homer.  How boring would a 7-6 or 7-4 win have been?  This was so much better.  

I have to say, one of the best regular season games I can remember.

Edited by turnin' two
  • Like 2

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

Just wanted to say, that game was amazing.  I'm a complete sucker, but I loved it all.  Hell, looking back, I'm so glad Hendriks gave up that homer.  How boring would a 7-6 or 7-4 win have been?  This was so much better.  

I have to say, one of the best regular season games I can remember.

As angry as I was that Liam blew it, the new ending was way better. I will leave my concern about Liam giving up back breaking homers for another day. Great win for the boys, no way could they lose that game. 

1 hour ago, turnin' two said:

Quite a few people at the game, myself included as well as the diehard M&Ms fan, left early when it was 7-4. For me, I was thinking it would be a routine, ho-hum finish with Kimbrel/Hendriks, and decided to finally get concessions, look at merchandise stands (hour+ long line so forget about it), peek the shop, and beat traffic early since it was a one-lane road and I had work today. 

I am absolutely kicking myself and have been mini-depressed today. 

2 minutes ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

Quite a few people at the game, myself included as well as the diehard M&Ms fan, left early when it was 7-4. For me, I was thinking it would be a routine, ho-hum finish with Kimbrel/Hendriks, and decided to finally get concessions, look at merchandise stands (hour+ long line so forget about it), peek the shop, and beat traffic early since it was a one-lane road and I had work today. 

I am absolutely kicking myself and have been mini-depressed today. 

Dude. You’ll recover… but… dude.

10 minutes ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

This is just how I’ve always been. I make impulsive, bad decisions. I need a life coach. If you know of one on this site, hook a brother up. 

A few more heart-stopping games like this one and many of us will need a life coach.

I haven' read through all of the postings but mlb and the organizers of this event did an outstanding job. Everyone was helpful. Lots of great photo opportunities with FOD  employees there to take pictures. Excellent customer service from the parking lot attendants to the pre game festivities and during  the game itself. I have been fortunate to have been to every home playoff game for the White Sox since 1993 and this was one of the most enjoyable experiences I have ever had.

Also, the people of Iowa just seem to be universally good natured.  I was hoping some of the brash & loud Yankee fans took notice.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

This is just how I’ve always been. I make impulsive, bad decisions. I need a life coach. If you know of one on this site, hook a brother up. 

I’ll send you daily inspirational quotes and an accountability app for a $5,000 monthly retainer.

Still prefer Bernard Malamud's 1952 novel I read for my HS Senior Year Literature class, (spoiler alert - it mirrored the 1919 White Sox, the star and team fixed the World Series and there was no Hollywood ending). That said, The Natural Film ending is what I first recalled when watching the end of last evening's game, and it brought me great joy. 

Tim Anderson > Roy Hobbs