Sox vs. Yankees 6:15pm CDT - In Iowa - on FOX

knightni

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

I too thought it was awesome. Old school (and not even talking about old old , just want watching games when I was younger).

I don't mind the K zone, but its much harder to critique the ump when its not there. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Green Line said:

The game might hve been scripted.  People on Twitter are saying it was!

Are you serious?  We have become a nation of conspiracy theories, many propagated on Twitter.  No way this was scripted.  Multimillionaires like Hendriks are not going to throw their careers and legacy away , and there is no guarantee that someone will hit a homer even on a cookie. Too many players would have had to be on it.  It is implausible.

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Are you serious?  We have become a nation of conspiracy theories, many propagated on Twitter.  No way this was scripted.  Multimillionaires like Hendriks are not going to throw their careers and legacy away , and there is no guarantee that someone will hit a homer even on a cookie. Too many players would have had to be on it.  It is implausible.

It's so obnoxious.

15 minutes ago, Quin said:

Damn near all of us knew Kopech and Kimbrel were getting screwed, even with the strike zone.

Lynn too. He had a nice conversation with the ump after either the 4th or 5th. It’s impressive no one was tossed on that stage.

5 minutes ago, zisk said:

will LH be demoted now ? I'd rather risk it with Kopech or Kimbrall in a play off game than LHGS(liamhendrickgascan).

82 ks vs. 6 BB. Yeah, what a gas can. He's given up a lot of HR, but IMO, it's a bit flukey.

Edited by Dick Allen

5 minutes ago, Getupstretch39 said:

Man, still flying high after last night.  What a roller coaster.  Unreal game in an unreal setting.  

TA is incredible.  Not to pick nits, but I'm not gonna lie.....I hold my breath every time a ball is hit to him in a big spot.  

He's been great defensively this year.  Stanton or Judge or whoever that was should have been called out for going out of the baseline.  TA didn't make a great throw obviously, but if he stays in the baseline he's out. 

14 minutes ago, zisk said:

will LH be demoted now ? I'd rather risk it with Kopech or Kimbrall in a play off game than LHGS(liamhendrickgascan).

Kimbrel hasn't exactly been lights out since putting on a Sox uniform

Come on guys.  It all over Twitter.  In honor of Shoeless Joe Jackson, Eddie Cicotte, and the 7 other Black Sox, MLB conspired to get a team in playoff contention to intentionally lose the regular season game with probably the largest viewing audience ever. 

21 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

82 ks vs. 6 BB. Yeah, what a gas can. He's given up a lot of HR, but IMO, it's a bit flukey.

I honestly think of him as mediocre closer. Average save %. Throws hard, but wild in the strike zone. Always has to go right at them. 

It seems like he can't succeed if his stuff isn't perfect. I'll be the first to admit Larussa didn.t do him any favors by sitting him for 6 games before hand.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Getupstretch39 said:

Man, still flying high after last night.  What a roller coaster.  Unreal game in an unreal setting.  

TA is incredible.  Not to pick nits, but I'm not gonna lie.....I hold my breath every time a ball is hit to him in a big spot.  

Welcome to Soxtalk!

28 minutes ago, Leonard Zelig said:

Come on guys.  It all over Twitter.  In honor of Shoeless Joe Jackson, Eddie Cicotte, and the 7 other Black Sox, MLB conspired to get a team in playoff contention to intentionally lose the regular season game with probably the largest viewing audience ever. 

Makes complete sense.

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

He's been great defensively this year.  Stanton or Judge or whoever that was should have been called out for going out of the baseline.  TA didn't make a great throw obviously, but if he stays in the baseline he's out. 

I thought this to at the time, but I looked up the rule and it says that the runner is to be called out if leaving the baseline interferes with the throw to 1st. It doesn't say anything about avoiding a tag. It also says one foot in and one foot out is considered to be within the baseline.

3 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

I thought this to at the time, but I looked up the rule and it says that the runner is to be called out if leaving the baseline interferes with the throw to 1st. It doesn't say anything about avoiding a tag. It also says one foot in and one foot out is considered to be within the baseline.

I think he was well outside of a foot of the baseline.  

3 hours ago, Capn12 said:

How big was it, for Seby to have the game he had, as well? It is all speculation, of course, but I think no chance in hell Collins is up there, looking to walk, in that situation, down a run.

It was right to let Sevy hit, what I don’t understand is why our 27th man Mendick was pinch hitting in the 9th down a run.

8 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

It was right to let Sevy hit, what I don’t understand is why our 27th man Mendick was pinch hitting in the 9th down a run.

Ironically, Collins might have played a role there. NY Had other, right handed relievers they could have gone to - most notably Loaisiga. They chose to go with Britton, a lefty - knowing that the White Sox wouldn't pinch hit Collins for Zavala against a lefty. That set up Anderson facing a lefty.