AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

That was the best regular season game I've been to in my entire life. The crazy ticket prices were worth every penny. MLB did a great job and the company who did the food was great too. (I think the longest I waited in line for a beer was about 45 seconds). Really the only negative was the merch lines were outrageous, but I guess that's a good thing as it kept me from spending more money, lol. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

That was the best regular season game I've been to in my entire life. The crazy ticket prices were worth every penny. MLB did a great job and the company who did the food was great too. (I think the longest I waited in line for a beer was about 45 seconds). Really the only negative was the merch lines were outrageous, but I guess that's a good thing as it kept me from spending more money, lol. 

Not really sure what they were thinking with those merch trucks

Oh yeah and they clearly forgot to talk to the FAA and have the air cleared too. You had the stupid foul ball protest planes (yes as stupid as it sounds) and a lot of drones (guessing some weren't apart of the cast).

Did they mention the air balloon slightly delaying the game on the broadcast?

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

4 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

foul ball protest planes (yes as stupid as it sounds)

Huh?

4 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Did they mention the air balloon slightly delaying the game on the broadcast?

They showed it as if it was cool but didn’t mention any delay or issue with it.

6 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Huh?

They showed it as if it was cool but didn’t mention any delay or issue with it.

Wasn't much of a delay, just the ump called time, players stopped playing for a minute and the outfielders turned around to watch 

The planes flying around had banners hating on foul balls, pro netting. Not even going to link to their garbage.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

1 hour ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Wasn't much of a delay, just the ump called time, players stopped playing for a minute and the outfielders turned around to watch 

The planes flying around had banners hating on foul balls, pro netting. Not even going to link to their garbage.

They did a drone fly around of that air balloon, I'm guessing the ump called time in order to allow them to shoot it with the field in the background.   I hate that shit

15 hours ago, Middle Buffalo said:

Feels like Kimbrel will end up being the 9th inning guy eventually. Might be better - Liam can be used more often and for longer if that’s the case.

I think choice for the 9 th should be dependent on matchups.  If you have to face good fastball hitters with power you bring Kimbrel in, and if you are facing guys that can be blown away with 95+ fastballs you bring in Liam. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Unbelievable world we live in. Tied to our phones. No offense to this guy but cmon. The game was on the line. Anybody with a brain knows Timmie just might go deep. This guy is looking at his phone, probably Tic Toc. I don't think our world is saveable. I really don't.

2 hours ago, hankchifan said:

I think choice for the 9 th should be dependent on matchups.  If you have to face good fastball hitters with power you bring Kimbrel in, and if you are facing guys that can be blown away with 95+ fastballs you bring in Liam. 

I love Liam but he's blown what, six saves. I remember when Sox acquired him how everybody rejoiced. Remember when David Robertson used to blow a few saves? Did he ever blow six? Liam has such good stuff he closed the all star game. I still like him and his fastball but cmon, when are people going to realize most pitchers are NOT worth the money they are paid. Hell, wasn't Colome statistically a better Sox closer than Liam? And I do like Liam.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, DoUEvenShift said:

How much were tickets? Over $1,000 per ticket or ?

2 hours ago, greg775 said:

How much were tickets? Over $1,000 per ticket or ?

Over, but not by much.

They had dropped to 800 ish Tuesday and slowly crept up from then to Thursday. I was completely unproductive at work spamming refresh hoping I'd catch something. Saw a pair for $700 each but by the time I hit purchase they were gone.

Also, I saw parking passes on the aftermarket sites for 100-300. Hope no one fell for that as parking was free, just had to show your ticket.

5 hours ago, greg775 said:

I love Liam but he's blown what, six saves. I remember when Sox acquired him how everybody rejoiced. Remember when David Robertson used to blow a few saves? Did he ever blow six? Liam has such good stuff he closed the all star game. I still like him and his fastball but cmon, when are people going to realize most pitchers are NOT worth the money they are paid. Hell, wasn't Colome statistically a better Sox closer than Liam? And I do like Liam.

Do you like Liam?

• Like 1